!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: How did you celebrate Independence Day?  (Read 3325 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
How did you celebrate Independence Day?
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »

Well, Independence Day 2011 has come and gone, marking America's 235th birthday.  Hopefully everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July weekend and took some time to say thank you to all the men and women who have also come and gone who helped to make everything we have possible and allow us to enjoy many of the things we enjoy but might take for granted.

How did you celebrate the 4th?  Fireworks?  Guns?  Friends and Family?  Grilling?  All of the above?

GunLink Discussion Forums

How did you celebrate Independence Day?
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: How did you celebrate Independence Day?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 09:35:45 PM »
We drank a fair amount of adult beverages without having to worry about being stoned to death for having alcohol. 

We pigged out on all sorts of delicious food without having to worry about where our next meal would be coming from. 

We had a couple conversations about some of the current events in politics during which some negative opinions may have been expressed without having to worry about being thrown in a re-education camp. 

We set off our own and watched other peoples' pyrotechnic displays without having to worry about being arrested for having things that flash and go bang. 

We spent a decent amount of money, hung out with friends and family and had a great time.

We attended a nearby on-post celebration with big, loud guns, lots of fireworks and live music.

We dressed appropriately for the scorching hot weather without having to worry about uncovered faces, ankles, knees, etc. resulting in jail time.

We had a happy and safe holiday weekend.

We reflected on the men and women and the events along the way which made all of the above possible.

Happy birthday, America!

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
well put, masfonos!

One of my friends has a pyro license that let him shoot off some biiiiig stuff at his place.  Pretty cool.  Great display and no traffic or crowds.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
worked half a day, mowed and saw fireworks with family

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:30 PM »
Had family come in from New England.  BBQ and fireworks, friends and family.

We also shot more than a thousand rounds of ammo.  Pistol, rifle, shotgun.  I am still sorting brass and hulls.

We celebrated my wife becoming a US Citizen.

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 08:58:54 AM »
sounds fun.  congrads to your wife!

Offline masfonos

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:19:03 PM »
Sounds awesome, Uncle Buck.  Living the good life  ;D

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:15:31 AM »
I used to joke that I always wanted to marry a woman who was too proud to let her husband work. I finally did it.   :D

I am disabled and no longer work, although I do have me military retirement and some other income, she has decided I did enough in my short time on this planet and should spend the next 50 years relaxing and not worrying.

Yes, I live a fairly simple, but fun, filled life with a woman who is more patriotic than most people born here.

You should see her give people heck about the US Constitution and the fact they do not know it.