!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Disassembling, cleaning and reassembling the Ruger 10/22 rotary magazine  (Read 4650 times)

Offline masfonos

I was at the range last week with my 10/22 and was having a lot of feeding issues with the factory 10 round magazine.  Rounds were hanging up in the magazine causing them not to rotate around and be stripped by the bolt resulting in a lot of clicks, a lot of tapping the magazine on the bench and a lot of swearing but not a lot of shooting.

Good thing I remembered that someone posted the following link a few years back over on the rimfire central forum:

Disassembling, cleaning, and reassembling a Ruger 10/22 rotary magazine

Pete Stephenson was also kind enough to create a YouTube video of the steps described at the above page for those who would rather watch than look at pictures and read.

[youtube]ek4_iFVoKdo[/youtube]

Everything is right as rain now.  If your Ruger 10/22 is having difficulty feeding from their super-reliable factory 10 round rotary magazines, give this a shot.  It's not rocket science to figure out on your own, but the information and instructions there are great; especially the info on how much tension to put on the spring.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:40:49 AM by masfonos »

GunLink Discussion Forums