!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: BATFE Fast and Furious Scandal - 11/4/2014 DOJ Releases 64,280 Pages of Docs  (Read 34226 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Investigations Into BATFE Accelerate
 Friday, March 25, 2011

As the BATFE faces an increasing array of questions about its activities in the "Fast and Furious" and "Project Gunrunner" programs, the scandal has taken its first political casualty and President Obama has finally commented directly on these problems... (READ MORE...)

What a mess.  The ATF may or may not have let a bunch of guns slip into the hands of the cartels; some of which ended up at the murder scene of a BP agent.

Sept 20, 2012 - Fast and Furious Report Released

Nov 4, 2014 - DOJ Releases 64,280 Pages of F&F documents
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 10:22:41 AM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline 1slickAR15

Re: Investigations Into BATFE Accelerate (via NRA-ILA)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
Big surprise...the ATF isn't on the up and up?!?   :o :o

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: BATFE "Gun Walking" Scandal
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »

The Scandal of ‘Gun-Walking’
Why did the Justice Department allow Mexican cartels to purchase 2,500 U.S.-made guns?
March 28, 2011 4:00 A.M.

Why did the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives stand by and watch as guns were transported across our southern border to Mexico, to be used by violent drug cartels?  The phenomenon of “gunwalking” appears to be a standard sting-operation tactic that in this case has gone wildly awry...(READ MORE...)

I think "gone awry" might be an understatement
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:19:01 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:18:38 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:18:26 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33:07 PM »
ATF to grant ‘Project Gunwalker’ FOIA inquiry ‘in part’
David Codrea  March 29th, 2011 5:16 pm ET

A March 23 letter from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to Gun Rights Examiner “apologize(s) for the slight delay” in responding to a Freedom of Information Act request...(READ MORE...)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:04:36 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
What we know about Project Gunrunner
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller 12:20 PM 04/21/2011

House Oversight Committee Chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, is threatening to begin contempt proceedings if the Justice Department doesn’t start providing documents about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) Project Gunrunner and Operation Fast and Furious. But what’s the controversy about? And what could the documents show?... (READ MORE...)

They generally don't like it when you ignore their requests.  I why they're dragging their feet...maybe the motors on their shredders burned out.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:17:44 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »
U.S. urged dealer to continue gun sales despite concerns, inquiry finds
By Kim Murphy, Los Angeles Times April 15, 2011

...A series of emails released by congressional investigators showed that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives encouraged the gun dealer against his better judgment to sell high-powered weapons to buyers he believed were agents for the drug cartels...(READ MORE...)

I wonder how high up the knowledge about this goes?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:16:33 PM by GunLink »

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 08:51:57 AM »
I would think they would want to get this behind them before the 2012 election, but with the main stream media not really reporting much about it, maybe it will be a non-issue.

Somewhere, someone has paperwork that shows who approved this.  Agent Voth seems to be the scape goat right now. 

Thanks for keeping this updated.  Looking forward to reading more.  I have written to my senators and Congressmen asking them to put pressure on the ATF and Justice department.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »
Hearing On “Fast And Furious” Uncovers Serious Failure At BATFE
NRA-ILA
Friday, June 17, 2011

Some of the most important findings of the hearing and the investigative report compiled by the Committee staff include:

BATFE knowingly allowed as many as 2,500 firearms to be sold illegally to known or suspected straw purchasers. One of those purchasers accounted for over 700 illegal guns.  

BATFE ordered its agents working the program not to arrest illegal gun buyers or to interdict thousands of guns that were allowed to “walk” into criminal hands.  ...(READ MORE...)

Doesn't look too good  :-\
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:21:49 PM by GunLink »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 11:13:02 AM »
This whole thing is outrageous.  I think it might actually get some mainstream coverage soon, though; then people might start getting outraged like they should.  Rush was talking about it yesterday and it was on Fox & Friends this morning.  F&F had Issa on there talking about it.

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 11:40:39 AM »
I am afraid with the head of the BATFE  (Mellon) Resigning, this might not get much more coverage.  The only hope is that Rep. Issa will keep the heat on and once the former head of the ATF is indicted, maybe he will sing like a bird. 

I know in my heart they are hoping that with his resignation the case will be dropped.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
I don't know... "They" have been talking more and more about the potential for Holder and his gang (and possibly higher-ups) knowing and/or being involved.  I hope they stay on the scent trail and don't just let it drop.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 12:27:44 PM »
Report: ATF head to resign over botched gun program
By JENNIFER EPSTEIN
6/21/11 8:52 AM EDT

The acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is expected to resign in the next few days as a scandal over the agency’s “Fast and Furious” anti-gun-trafficking operation continues to boil....  (READ MORE...)

Good riddance?  A scapegoat so "the buck stops there" in hopes that nobody looks any higher?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 11:20:45 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:39:41 PM »
VIDEO:  Jon Stewart's Daily Show on Gun-Running

Tuesday June 21, 2011
The Fast and the Furious - Mexico Grift
The ATF plan to prevent American guns from being used in Mexican gun violence is to provide Mexican gangs with American guns.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Representative Issa apparently wasn't very pleased with the redacted documents he received as a result of his discover requests.  I can't imagine why:

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 10:08:01 AM »
http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/fired-gunrunner-whistleblower-vince-cefalu-speaks-pjm-exclusive/   

The above link shows some of the "Stuff" this agent had to go through because he did not want to break the law.  I know a lot of people do not care for the ATF (And after reading about gunwalking and "fast and Furious" I understand why), but I do believe that most of the agents do try to do their jobs in a lawful manner.

Also:  http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20110624,0,7283758.story

Seems the acting director is concerned.  (As he should be!)

I do not read spanish, but I am curious what the press in Mexico is saying about this.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Issa, Grassley name 12 senior Justice officials in Fast and Furious letter
7:20 PM 07/12/2011
By Matthew Boyle - The Daily Caller

House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, and Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, ripped Attorney General Eric Holder again in another Monday letter.

The top Republicans investigating the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Operation Fast and Furious also blasted Holder for allegations that he allowed his Justice Department to skew potential witnesses by prepping them with...(Read more)

"Nothing to see here.  Move along.  PS...Guns on the border are becoming a real problem, we need enhanced firearm sales reporting"

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 08:49:49 AM »
I am curious to see how Melsons appearance with his own attorney, as opposed to a DOJ attorney, works out for him.  I think he saw the very real chance of being thrown under the bus wheels on this one.

He, Melson, even admitted the DOJ was obstructing the investigation...  I think the man is in the "Save my career/retirement" mode now.