!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: GunRights Organization Membership Contest from GunLink.info  (Read 21085 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Get a FREE gun rights organization membership
in the
GunLink.Info Dog Days of Summer Membership Contest

One lucky GunLink member will receive a one-year membership to their choice of organizations fighting for gun rights.  Choices include Gun Owners of America (GOA), Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) and the National Rifle Association (NRA).

This contest is open to all active members of the GunLink.info forums*.

TO ENTER:  To be eligible for the membership prize, you must register for the GunLink forums and be an active member by participating in forum discussions*.  You must also post your desire to be eligible for the drawing in this thread.

Contest will close and drawing will be held on or around Labor Day, September 5, 2011.**

The Organizations:

Gun Owners of America (GOA)

From the GOA website: 
Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue.

GOA's Board is not satisfied with the "status quo." Americans have lost some of our precious gun rights and WE WANT THEM BACK! This is why GOA is considered the "no compromise" gun lobby.

From state legislatures and city councils to the United States Congress and the White House, GOA represents the views of gun owners whenever their rights are threatened.

GOA has never wavered from its mission to defend the Second Amendment -- liberty's freedom teeth, as George Washington called it.

Over the last 30 years, GOA has built a nationwide network of attorneys to help fight court battles in almost every state in the nation to protect gun owner rights. GOA staff and attorneys have also worked with members of Congress, state legislators and local citizens to protect gun ranges and local gun clubs from closure by overzealous government anti-gun bureaucrats.

Click here to learn more about GOA or here to visit the GOA listing in the GunLink.info directory.

Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO)

From the JPFO website: 
Three primary goals drive the Wisconsin-based human-rights group Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO):
  • Destroy so-called “gun control” (code words for disarming innocent people).
  • Expose the misguided notions that lead people to seek out so-called “gun control”.
  • Encourage Americans to understand and defend all of the Bill of Rights for all citizens. The Second Amendment is the “Guardian” of the Bill of Rights.

Founded by Jews in 1989, JPFO initially aimed at educating the Jewish community about the historical evils that Jews have suffered when they have been disarmed. JPFO has always welcomed people of all religious beliefs who share a common goal of opposing and reversing victim-disarmament policies while advancing liberty for all. It was the brainchild of Aaron Zelman (1946 - 2010), a leading national civil-rights activist.

JPFO is a non-profit tax-exempt [501c3] educational civil-rights organization, not a lobby. JPFO’s products and programs reach out to as many segments of the American people as possible, using bold tactics without compromise on fundamental principles.

JPFO has always welcomed people of all religious beliefs (or none) who share a common goal of opposing and reversing potentially deadly victim disarmament policies. You don’t have to be Jewish to join JPFO; you just have to love freedom.

Click here to learn more about JPFO or here to visit the JPFO listing in the GunLink.info directory.

National Rifle Association

NRA offers many aspects including the NRA-ILA (institute for legislative action), NRA-PVF (political victory fund), personel defense and other classes and firearms education for children as well as lobbying in Washington and offering a variety of publications.

From the NRA website: 
While widely recognized today as a major political force and as America's foremost defender of Second Amendment rights, the NRA has, since its inception, been the premier firearms education organization in the world. But our successes would not be possible without the tireless efforts and countless hours of service our nearly four million members have given to champion Second Amendment rights and support NRA programs. As former Clinton spokesman George Stephanopoulos said, "Let me make one small vote for the NRA. They're good citizens. They call their Congressmen. They write. They vote. They contribute. And they get what they want over time."

Click here to learn more about NRA or here to visit the NRAlisting in the GunLink.info directory.

With the constant and continued attacks on gun rights, organizations such as these need all the help and all the members they can get.  If you wish to contribute additional memberships to be offered as prizes in this contest, please send me a site message (PM) by clicking on the button by my name or by posting in this thread.

* Active membership consits of registering for an account on the GunLink.info forums, activating the account using the information provided in the activation email and participating in forum discussions with useful posts.  "Useful posts" means relatively meaningful groupings of words.  Posts such as "+1," "bump," etc. may not count as useful posts.  Active members should have at least ten posts at the time of the drawing.

** Contest will close on or shortly after Labor Day 2011 (Sept 5, 2011), which is often considered to be the end of the "dog days of summer".  At the close of the contest, one member from the pool of eligible members will be chosen at random.  Results will be posted in this contest thread and the member will be notified via GunLink.info site message (PM).  If the prize is not claimed within one (1) week, another member will be chosen.  Prize consists of one (1) gift membership for a period of one (1) year to the winners choice of gun rights organizations to include GOA, JPFO and NRA, maximum approximate retail value $35.  Contest entries are limited to one entry per person - members creating multiple accounts in order to receive multiple entries will be disqualified.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline Uncle Buck

Re: GunRights Organization Membership Contest from GunLink.info
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:37:45 AM »
Posted this link on my facebook page.  If we could get everyone to recruit just five new members...

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Posted this link on my facebook page.  If we could get everyone to recruit just five new members...

Awesome, thanks for spreading the word  ;D

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 10:48:13 AM »
Not sure if I'm eligible since I won the LaRue hat contest but if I am, I'm in.

Already a NRA member so i would probably pick one of the other ones.  if i don't win I'll probably just join one of them anyway

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:38 PM »
I'd like to participate in this.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 06:41:04 PM »
Tell your friends, facebook it, tweet it, etc.  Spread the word!

With the recent developments (long gun sales reporting, ammo raids and confiscations, etc.) "the good guys" need everyone on their side they can get.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:44:16 PM »
I'll play.

Thanks for the chance.

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:50:15 AM »
I'll play.

Thanks for the chance.

This!

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 03:25:03 PM »
For those who don't win (or are just impatient), see THIS THREAD for a free NRA membership, no contest required.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
Not sure if I'm eligible since I won the LaRue hat contest but if I am, I'm in.

Already a NRA member so i would probably pick one of the other ones.  if i don't win I'll probably just join one of them anyway

You betcha!  Good luck.

Offline bdub

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 12:21:03 PM »
Count me in - THANKS

Offline dws007

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 12:44:24 PM »
Thank you for the opportunity . . . count me in.

Offline mcabramson

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
I'll play.

Think about supporting Buckeye Firearms Association at buckeyefirearms.org

Offline chcollinsjr

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
Please enter me in the contest. My organization choice, should I win, JPFO (renewal).

Chuck Collins
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. E. Burke

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 03:13:25 PM »
I'll play.

Think about supporting Buckeye Firearms Association at buckeyefirearms.org

We're big fans of Buckeye Firearms Association here at GunLink!  They are a great resource and a wealth of information for the firearms community, not just that of Ohio. 

If you win and would rather do so, we can probably make a contribution to BFA in your name for an amount comparable to the cost of a one-year membership in the other organizations.

Good luck, everyone!

Offline Pherfinion

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 03:14:53 PM »
Count me in please... I support fully the JPFO and a renewal to this excellent organization would make my day!

Offline 45 Carry

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 02:30:11 PM »
I hope I get this right.  The contest prizes are all noble .

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 07:23:01 PM »
Please add me to the contest, thank you Chazz
Live Free or Die

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
Good luck, all.  Keep spreading the word about the contest!

Offline ThatGuy762x51

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
I would rather be lucky than good :D

I am telling lots of people about the contest