!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: GunLink Review of Sticky Holsters on Blog  (Read 2406 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
GunLink Review of Sticky Holsters on Blog
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »
Self-Securing 'Sticky Holsters' Provide Flexible Carry Options
GunLink Blog

...Sticky Holsters aren’t so much sticky like glue as they are just "high friction."  The IWB holster is constructed of three layers:  a layer of padding sandwiched between the textile interior and the rubberized exterior skin, which is somewhat similar to the material on the those no-slip dashboard mats that keep your cell phone or GPS from sliding away when you go around a corner.

This construction allows the holster to work without loops, clips or other gadgets to keep it in place.  Combined with the "sticky" exterior, pressure from your waistband holds the holster and your firearm in place.  The absence of clips or loops also makes the holster ambidextrous and provides tremendous flexibility in how you carry, allowing the user to place the holster at a variety of angles and positions around the waistband.  When drawing the pistol, the sticky exterior keeps the holster securely in place while the textile interior allows the firearm to come out cleanly.  The company is also working on accessories that will allow users to wear their "sticky" holsters around the ankle or thigh, providing even more carry options.

Sticky holsters are currently offered in...
(Read Full Review)

Read a GunLink forum member review of Sticky Holsters here.

GunLink Discussion Forums

GunLink Review of Sticky Holsters on Blog
« on: March 07, 2013, 09:28:48 PM »

Offline jonbouy00

Re: GunLink Review of Sticky Holsters on Blog
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »
I like these holsters and believe they have their place, BUT don't be trying to re-holster into a collapsed holster and have an accident. Practice with the holster with a dry gun. Personally, I think these holsters are for getting the gun out, NOT back in. When I practice I take the holster from my pocket, put the gun in the holster and re-insert in my pocket.
They are also good for keeping along side a couch or chair arm, car seat etc, but again be very careful of putting it back in.
Good product, but like most things, there are things to be cautious & aware of.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.