!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Second Amendment Protection Act H.R 3022 and Veterans Second Amendment H.R.2349  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Seinfein

• marketplace
Second Amendment Protection Act H.R 3022 and Veterans Second Amendment H.R.2349

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8030  link to Veterans Second Amendment H.R.2349

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-3022  Link to H.R. 3022: Second Amendment Protection Act of 2009

Restore the Second Amendment

by Rep. Ron Paul, MD

Ron Paul in the US House of Representatives, January 9, 2003

Mr. Speaker, I rise to restore the right the founding fathers saw as the guarantee of every other right by introducing the Second Amendment Protection Act. This legislation reverses the steady erosion of the right to keep and bear arms by repealing unconstitutional laws that allow power-hungry federal bureaucrats to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Specifically, my legislation repeals the five-day waiting period and the "instant" background check, which enables the federal government to compile a database of every gun owner in America. My legislation also repeals the misnamed ban on "semi-automatic" weapons, which bans entire class of firearms for no conceivable reason beside the desire of demagogic politicians to appear tough on crime. Finally, my bill amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 by deleting the "sporting purposes" test, which allows the Treasury Secretary to infringe on second amendment rights by classifying a firearm (handgun, rifle, shotgun) as a "destructive device" simply because the Secretary believes the gun to be "non-sporting."

Thomas Jefferson said "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; ...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." Jefferson, and all of the Founders, would be horrified by the proliferation of unconstitutional legislation that prevents law-abiding Americans from exercising their right and duty to keep and bear arms. I hope my colleagues will join me in upholding the Founders' vision for a free society by cosponsoring the Second Amendment Restoration Act.

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.

MY TWO CENTS...Purchase,Watch and make as many copies and share "NO GUNS FOR JEWS" AND "NAZI DEATH CAMPS" Gun control films

I just don't believe for one moment that people of any of our Western or southern states would vote for Mitt Romney with his record on weapons restrictions and bans as former Gov of Massachusetts!

Then you have the reversed position on compassion for cancer paiteints on chemo therapy and MS ect, The big lie about Medical pot that Obama flip flopped on, Newt Gingrich wants to execute everyone who smokes weed, most likely under the new NDAA Bill, NONE of the other so called Republicans (war Mongers) running for president outside of Ron Paul openly demands the repeal of the (War against Americans) "Nixon the Impeached" so called war on drugs , the Patriot Act and the NDAA Bill.

The press is owned by big brother and the vote of the people must be rigged! Just wait until it is one of our own loved ones who become ill with cancer and requires chemo therepy treatment that destroys the body and they can no longer hold food down, are so ill from the so called perscribed medicine that they can not die with dignity or even in many cases say goodbye to the people they love because they are in a cloud of confusion.

Don't forget anyone who has one of those state issued MED POT cards are now banned from purchasing or even possesion of a fire arm. I don't even like Pot myself and don't care to smoke it but come on it is proven to help with severe pain and helps people eat, thus they can infact die with some dignity. 

HMMM I wonder how many lists my name will be added to for exercising MY RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH.

Shalom

Odecha ki aniteni vetihi li liy'shua Even ma' asu habonim haytah lerosh pinah Me'et Hashem Adonai haytah zot ni niflet be' eineinu Zeh hayom asah Hashem, Adonai nagilah venis'mechah bo Ana Hashem.

GunLink Discussion Forums