!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: heads up springfield "gear up" mag and holster deal extended through august  (Read 2709 times)

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
FYI, I just got a email from Springfield Armory that they extended their "magazine madness" for their  " Gear Up" promo through August 31 instead of ending on June 31 like it was supposed to.

They'll send you four mags, a holster, and mag pouch if you buy a new 9, 40, or 45 pistol.  It's an online form you fill out at http://www.springfieldpromo.com/ after you buy one.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:33:39 PM by DieselDude »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline Panther97

• GunLink Member
I wouldn't give them one cent after they pulled that bullshit with supporting the Illinois gun control law.   >:( >:( >:(

You still have time to get the SMith and wesson rebate on their pistols.

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
They did what now?

Offline masfonos

They did what now?
They became persona non grata among 2A supporters recently when they stopped opposing a bad gun bill in IL after they secured exemptions for themselves. 

Ironically, S&W screwed up similarly in the 90s and Ruger was all for 10 round limits on magazines.  Both seem to have been forgiven by most by now.  If SA doesn't go under, people will probably forget about this too, if they haven't already. 

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
IL Gun Manufacturers Respond to Trade Group’s Reversal on Gun Bill

Springfield Armory, Rock River Arms Still Aiming for Damage Control After Gun Control Bill Exposure

In earlier statements, the companies claimed that they did not know what activities the Illinois Firearm Manufacturers Association (IFMA) was participating in and expressed shock that the lobbying group had reversed course and pulled their opposition to the bill.  However, as we pointed out in the earlier post, the bulk of IFMA’s funding came from these two companies in the form of recurring payments of $50,000 each per year starting in 2014 and continuing through 2016, with another payment slated for the end of this month if the pattern continued.  In fact, these two entities appear to be the sole source of IMFA’s funding.

Ok, so these companies funneled money into a lobbying organization that was ostensibly looking out for their best interest, but how involved were they really with IFMA operations?  They claim that they didn’t know about the exemption that would protect them while leaving IL gun stores to close their doors and they claim that they didn’t know that IFMA had changed their stance from “oppose” to “no position” after securing that exemption.  Who’s running the IFMA anyway?   

Well, aside from the fact that Rock River and Springfield appear to be footing the entire organizations bill,  a page from IFMA’s Form 990-EZ that is now circulating the net shows some pretty familiar names.  One name is lobbyist Jay Keller, listed as IFMA’s Executive Director.  Three other names are shown under the form’s List of Officers, Directors, Trustees, and Key Employees:  Dennis Reese, director; Tom Reese, director; and Chuck Larson, director.

That would be Chuck Larson, as in the Rock River Arms President/Owner whose name appears at the bottom of Rock River’s “We had no idea!” letter.  And the others would be Reeses, as in the Reese family who owns Springfield Armory – the same Reese family whose name is on Springfield’s own “Gosh, we’re as surprised as you are!” letter.  Since they appear to be the sole source of funding and are listed as the key players in the group, it might be safe to say that they were, or at least should have been, privy to what IFMA was doing.

But it doesn’t get any better from there
continue reading...

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
I didn't hear about all that.  I bought one and am waiting on my mags to come.  I hope they get their heads screwed on right.