!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: YETI Rambler cups  (Read 2301 times)

Offline masfonos

YETI Rambler cups
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »
Anyone else use these? 

I didn't really want to pay $30+ for a coffee cup but I kept hearing how good they were so I picked one up and it works great. 
Their coolers are still way too far out of my price range, so I wouldn't buy one of those, but I would buy the cup again for sure.

It's just a cup with openings to drink from, so it's not sealed up airtight, but it keeps coffee as hot as most thermos bottles do.  It even keeps fresh coffee too hot to drink for hours, so if I'm wanting to drink it right away, I'll sometimes have to take the lid off for a few minutes to let it cool or thrown in an ice cube. 

It keeps cold drinks cold all day too.  I'll still have most of my ice left in the evening from my iced tea that I got out mid day even if it's been sitting out in the sun.

GunLink Discussion Forums

YETI Rambler cups
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:09:50 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: YETI Rambler cups
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:40:28 PM »
I still love my 20oz Rambler tumber and 10oz Rambler low ball, but with all the hype about the other brands, I've been trying to find some of the cheap "knock-offs" in stock, but I haven't been able to until today. 

My local store stopped carrying Yeti and started carrying Orcas instead.  I've also been seeing RTIC and some other brand talked about lately and, even more recently, the cheapo Walmart Ozark Trail tumblers.  The OT ones have been out of stock at Walmart for a few weeks now, so I signed up for email alerts and they came in this AM. 

They didn't have any 20oz models there so I can't do a side by side comparison between the brands, but there are plenty of side by side youtube videos and reviews online that show other brands doing as well (or better) than the Yeti ones.  OT is around $8 for the 20oz and $10 for the 30oz, and I've been wanting a bigger one anyway.  I'll post with how it works but so far so good. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-abqaKWAw[/youtube]

eta:  There are also a lot of rumors floating around that the Yeti and OT tumblers come from the same factory.  Not sure if true, but they are VERY similar in construction.  Like... identical except for the brand stamped on the base and molded into the lid.  Also, lifetime warranty on OT vs 5years on Yeti.  I believe Orca and others also beat Yeti on the warranty. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 10:42:05 PM by masfonos »