!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: WELCOME!!  (Read 4671 times)

Offline Snake Eyes

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
WELCOME!!
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »

Welcome aboard the latest sign on: herohog
Erin Go Bragh

GunLink Discussion Forums

WELCOME!!
« on: May 05, 2014, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: WELCOME!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:31:41 PM »
Welcome to the party, herohog and thanks for the tip on replacement sights in the KelTec P11 thread.  The GL project gun is in the shop right now though  :(

Thanks to the Snake Eyes welcome wagon too  ;D

Offline herohog

• marketplace
  • LOCAL Sec/Treasurer & Webmaster
    • Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »
Thanks!

A little about me...

I am a 57 year old disabled vet with severe joint and back issues. Been on the Internet since it was ARPANET. I have raced motorcycles since I was 9, raced stock cars since 15, SCCA since my 20s, a certified Master Mechanic, been a 50kw FM Classic Rock DJ, played drums in Funk/Blues Classic Rock bands all across Louisiana, Arkansas and VA, been a computer geek since the IBM PC hit the streets and retired as a Sr. Programmer/Analyst specialized in integrating business databases with the Internet and and I have been a  gun owner/shooter since I was in single digits.

These days I live in a recliner on the Internet or out in my wheelchair listening to bands or shooting when I can. I am very active in the support of the Constitution and particularly the Second Amendment.

During all that I had a side job as a DJ at LA105 out of Monroe LA as "Dr Speed" on the air 7 days a week doing the late night/early AM shows during the week and doing a live request show weekends along with running the special canned weekend shows.

When not doing that, I was a Blues/Funk/Classic Rock drummer with several bands here in Louisiana, then in North-West Arkansas and finally in the Charlottesville, VA areas before my body took that from me as well. I was the house drummer for several Blues Jams in addition to being a gigging drummer. I actually turned down multiple chances to tour with several known musicians because I couldn't leave my day job and the security it brought which was a very hard, but right, decision.

Here are a few images to give ya a taste of my past:

My 1st leave in the Navy

My old Suzuki GS850G

I was kinda into bikes...

My 1st time driving Dirt Modifides at 15 years of age.

My SCCA Solo II Mustang II Cobra Turbo

Drumming for the Bootsey Daniels Band in VA

In my DJ days

Current picture
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 08:09:06 PM by herohog »
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Sec/Treasurer, NWLA Area Rep, Webmaster

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 03:02:30 PM »
Looks like you're into some cool stuff, HH. What kind of bike is the one you're standing next to?  Looks like the liter suzuki my dad had when I was little.  I've had a couple Jap 2 and 4cyl bikes myself, but never any suzukis.

Offline herohog

• marketplace
  • LOCAL Sec/Treasurer & Webmaster
    • Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
It was a GS850G. Great bike! I was into their three cylinder 2-strokes for years. Had 3 GT380's (2 were parts bikes)

and a GT750J "Water Buffalo".

(stock images, not my actual bikes although they were exactly like the ones shown above)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:30:24 PM by herohog »
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Sec/Treasurer, NWLA Area Rep, Webmaster