!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Selco - SHTF School - Stories from someone who lived through the '90sBalkan Wars  (Read 6534 times)

Offline masfonos

Has anyone else followed Selco's story or done his SHTF School course?  http://shtfschool.com  I got the course at a discount during their Black Friday sale last year and have been working my way through it.  It's hard to find time to listen to it, but I've downloaded all of the segments and listen when I can.  Has anyone else bought the course and listened to it (or know of/remember his original posts)?

It's not so much a course like you would get in a regular school, it's a series of recordings as "Selco" talks about his experiences during the Balkan Wars in the early 90s.  It isn't really a "do this, do that" type of course, but he talks about what he saw leading up to the wars, signs that they saw (and signs that they might not have known were signs until it was too late, how they survived without basic infrastructure or what we tend to think of as "civilized society".

If nothing else, it helps you to put current events into perspective and take a look at what your current preps are and how they might hold up if the SHTF. 

From his "about" page:
My name is Selco and I am from the Balkan region, and as some of you may know it was hell here from 92-95, anyway, for 1 whole year I lived and survived in a city WITHOUT: electricity, fuel, running water, real food distribution, or distribution of any goods, or any kind of organized law or government.

The city was surrounded for 1 year and in that city actually it was SHTF situation. We were all thrown into this and our allies were our enemies from one day to the next. Today I’m prepared but I learned a lot going through this hard time.

I wrote about my experience in a survival online community. Many people wanted to hear about this and asked me all sorts of questions. This was 2011 and the thread is long gone but you can see all my answers in PDF file you get when you subscribe to our newsletter.

On this website you can read about my experience during SHTF, talk with me and others who are interested in REAL survival, instead of Hollywood or fantasy survival. If you want to learn in detail about how I survived and how I prepare today have a look at my survival course.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline DougInDeep

• GunLink Member
I can remember hearing something about this guy's stories years ago.  Pretty harsh stuff IIRC.  Looks like the course is on sale now I might have to jump on it. Is it good useful info?

Offline masfonos

It's definitely interesting.  As with any info on a subject like this, what works for one person might not work for someone else.  His info is about his experiences and what he and the people around him did but humans are humans so I imagine that if things start to collapse society in general will act the same.  Keep your eyes on places like Greece or around the middle east and anywhere else that there is economic turmoil, violence, poor infrastructure or social unrest.  Heck... look at any big city when things go bad.  LA after Rodney King, NOLA after Katrina, NY during the big blackout or lots of places after Mike Brown in Ferguson.  There was a lot of havoc over literally basically nothing.  If towns are getting burned down, stores looted and people getting beat up over a media lie about a cop shooting a criminal think about how close we are to the edge if something real happens. 

This was apparently good timing to start a thread on Selco and SHTF School since I got an email from them today about them launching a new ' survival bootcamp' course.  It doesn't say anything about price so I guess (hope) that it's included with the regular course that I already have.

I write you today because we have a new online course starting next Tuesday.

In the first course I spoke about my experience during war and how I solved my problems. In the last 4 years I received thousands of emails asking for specific advice and I have created this new course, the Survival Bootcamp, to answer them.

The course has over 350 written pages, 170 illustrations and videos and focuses on practical survival skills everyone should know.

We also start with what we  call "live weeks" which means I will be available in live chat on the website and also release weekly videos about most interesting questions I got asked there.

Of course there is more. We will only take limited amount of people for the live weeks to listen to specific concerns and worries.

Here is a short video that explains live weeks and gives you short overview of the course:

http://shtfschool.com/survival-bootcamp-launch-and-live-weeks-explained/

A preview of one of the over 50 lessons in the course is here for bugging out:

http://shtfschool.com/survival-bootcamp-preview-bugging-out/

Please watch your email for an invite to sign up next Tuesday. If you have any questions just hit reply and let me know.

Thank you,

Selco

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io00vVrkZtI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f-KWQw1UNI[/youtube]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:27:07 PM by masfonos »

Offline DougInDeep

• GunLink Member
Bootcamp course sounds more practical than just hearing about his year in hell.  Most information is probably on line like what to put into go bag and hiding resources along route to BOL but I guess hes BTDT.  I'm still wandering if its worth the 30 dollars over just reading articles about it for free.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink

Selco came out of Twitter hiding since last November to answer us...

It sounds like it is separate.

Offline masfonos

Yes, it is different.  Yes, it is separate.  http://shtfschool.com/survival-boot-camp/

It looks like it is "normally" $97 but it is on special for $47.  It sounds interesting but I don't think I can spare $50 for it especially when I still have the original course to finish.  Maybe it will hopefully go on sale even more sometime and I can get it cheaper, then I'd think about it.

Offline masfonos

I was just talking to someone about SHTF school the other day and it made me remember this thread.

Anyone checked it out?