!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: house gun  (Read 2190 times)

Offline AUGer

• GunLink Member
house gun
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »
What say you?  Best house gun, is it pistol, rifle, or shotgun?

I say rifle or carbine.

GunLink Discussion Forums

house gun
« on: November 09, 2014, 10:14:10 PM »

Offline PorkyPascal

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: house gun
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 09:23:58 AM »
Shotgun that is short enough to move thru the house with

Offline SkidZ

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »
It depends on what your house layout, the construction, neighbors and other factors like that.  I have at least one gun in every room in my house and most are pistols.  If a bad guy comes in, that is probably going to be what I engage him with.  That said, if I got to choose, I would grab a 5.56 AR-15.  Do you have kids behind a drywall wall or do you live alone in a brick house or in a apartment or townhouse?

Offline noobgunner

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:48:20 PM »
what about a pistol with light?

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:11:29 PM »
A pistol is my choice.  As a former LEO, I am more comfortable with a pistol in clearing rooms.

I have had to clear my house once.  A neighbor called the police and said my house was being robbed.  I was outside working on a vehicle and did not see anything until three police cars showed up.  They said they received a phone call my house was being robbed.  I would not let them search it and told them I would go in and make sure no one was inside.  (It is nice to know the law).

A shotgun, short barrelled, legal type, like a coach gun, would be my second choice.