!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: FBI wants surplus stores to spy on customers  (Read 3524 times)

Offline 1slickAR15

FBI wants surplus stores to spy on customers
« on: August 11, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »
From Oath Keepers:

FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers

FBI Handout Lists Purchase of Preparedness Items as “Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities”

see the full PDF of the handout here

An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado military surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as “suspicious” and “potential indicators of terrorist activities,” instructing store owners to keep records on and report people who:

“Make bulk purchase of items to include:

Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers

Meals Ready to Eat

Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks

High capacity magazines

Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles”

The FBI handout, entitled “Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores” also instructs surplus store owners to:

“Require valid ID from all new customers.

Keep records of purchases.

Talk to customers, ask questions, and

listen to and observe their responses.

Watch for people and actions that are out of place.

Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.

If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities.”

The handout also instructs surplus store owners to consider as “suspicious” anyone who “demands identity ‘privacy’” or anyone who expresses “extreme religious statements” and those who “make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology.”

Read the rest of the story (a great read) on the Oath Keepers website.

As the Oath Keepers founder says:

Islamist terrorists are not known to hang out in local Army-Navy surplus stores, stocking up on MRE’s, high capacity magazines and bi-pods for their long range rifles.   As Brandon Smith, over at Alt-market.com notes, “These are very common purchases, not for terrorists, but for Preppers and Survivalists, who are obviously the targets of the FBI profile, not secret Al-Qaeda agents.”  Spot on. Obviously the current crop of FBI “leadership” considers anyone who wants to be self-sufficient and prepared to be a “threat” that should be relentlessly tracked and reported.

So if you take preparedness seriously enough to buy a few cases of MREs, or if you see the wisdom in having spare “high capacity” (i.e. full capacity*) magazines for your rifles or pistols, if you don’t want your matches to get wet, if you want to be able to see in the dark, or if you want  to be able to shoot more accurately by using a bipod, “you might be a terrorist” (like a bizarre Jeff Foxworthy joke), and the FBI wants your neighborhood Army Surplus Store to play the role of government informant and snitch, like something out of East Germany.

GunLink Discussion Forums

FBI wants surplus stores to spy on customers
« on: August 11, 2011, 12:02:43 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: FBI wants surplus stores to spy on customers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:12:40 PM »
And so it begins continues.  :-\

I wish I could say that this is hard to believe.

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 04:13:20 PM »
Sorry folks, you are now suspect if you believe in the Bill of Rights, The Pledge of Allegiance, attend church (But not a radical church, because then you would be just exercising your rights.), think the government should have limited powers like the US Constitution says.

Offline Chazzar10

• marketplace
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:37:04 PM »
Now that I know this, I will purchase more MREs and so on, and then tell the clerk how I distust the government when I purchase these items and use only cash. I thought we had rights but I guess I'm wrong.
Live Free or Die

Offline Morovision Night Vision

• www.Morovision.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
Sorry folks, you are now suspect if you believe in the Bill of Rights, The Pledge of Allegiance, attend church (But not a radical church, because then you would be just exercising your rights.), think the government should have limited powers like the US Constitution says.

Lol!