!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: George Zimmerman selling trayvon gun on gunbroker  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Lebowski

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
George Zimmerman selling trayvon gun on gunbroker
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »
:o Only $5000 minimum bid, lol 

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=558112068

Auction starts tomorrow

Prospective bidders, I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon. The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012. The gun is a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm. It has recently been returned to me by the Department of Justice. The pistol currently has the case number written on it in silver permanent marker. Many have expressed interest in owning and displaying the firearm including The Smithsonian Museum in Washington D.C. This is a piece of American History. It has been featured in several publications and in current University text books. Offers to purchase the Firearm have been received; however, the offers were to use the gun in a fashion I did not feel comfortable with. The firearm is fully functional as the attempts by the Department of Justice on behalf of B. Hussein Obama to render the firearm inoperable were thwarted by my phenomenal Defense Attorney. I recognize the purchaser's ownership and right to do with the firearm as they wish. The purchaser is guaranteed validity and authenticity of the firearm. On this day, 5/11/2016 exactly one year after the shooting attempt to end my life by BLM sympathizer Matthew Apperson I am proud to announce that a portion of the proceeds will be used to: fight BLM violence against Law Enforcement officers, ensure the demise of Angela Correy's persecution career and Hillary Clinton's anti-firearm rhetoric. Now is your opportunity to own a piece of American History. Good Luck. Your friend, George M. Zimmerman ~Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum~
The Dude abides.

GunLink Discussion Forums

George Zimmerman selling trayvon gun on gunbroker
« on: May 12, 2016, 12:13:45 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: George Zimmerman selling trayvon gun on gunbroker
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
I thought it just about had to be fake until it started hitting news outlets.  Fox News link.

I guess he's hard up for cash.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:54:57 AM »
What a dope.  I sorta felt bad for the man and kind of liked him when the trial and all the bad press was going on and was happy when he didn't go to prison for defending himself against the little thug.  But since then he has been acting like a fool, getting into trouble with fights, DV accusations, shootings and crap like that.  And now this. 

What he should have done is just lay low and go about his life happy to be alive and free but now it seems like he's an attention whore who always wants to be controversial and in the news.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:03:17 AM »
What a dope.  I sorta felt bad for the man and kind of liked him when the trial and all the bad press was going on and was happy when he didn't go to prison for defending himself against the little thug.  But since then he has been acting like a fool, getting into trouble with fights, DV accusations, shootings and crap like that.  And now this. 

What he should have done is just lay low and go about his life happy to be alive and free but now it seems like he's an attention whore who always wants to be controversial and in the news.

Yeah, not that anyone knew anything about him before all of that happened, but he seemed like a pretty normal guy.  Between getting attacked, having to kill a guy, going to trial, having his named dragged through the mud, having to hid out "underground," having half the country hating him, and getting death threats, I wonder if something didn't get screwed up in his head from all of the stress.  Maybe he went bonkers or maybe acting like a jackass is his coping mechanism.

Offline Lebowski

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:03:33 AM »
The Dude abides.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 11:29:57 AM »
At least he got another 15 minutes.  Mission accomplished.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 09:49:48 PM »
GunBroker isn't small - i wonder if a particular threat was deemed plausible or they got hacked?

Offline Lebowski

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 11:08:41 AM »
They took it down themselves.  This is what they put on their sight

"Late last night, George Zimmerman created a listing on our web site for the gun from the Trayvon Martin case four years ago. Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning.

Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman. Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing.

We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.

GunBroker.com prides itself in being a safe and legal way to buy and sell firearms online in full compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws. GunBroker.com proudly supports the Second Amendment rights of the American public.

GunBroker.com will not be fielding press inquiries regarding this matter."
The Dude abides.

Offline Lebowski

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 11:10:38 AM »
He apparently put it on some other auction page but I think those got pulled too.  One went to a couple million dollars before they canceled it the other one was over 100 thousand with fake bids from Donald Trump and other famous names.
The Dude abides.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 11:16:32 AM »
He apparently put it on some other auction page but I think those got pulled too.  One went to a couple million dollars before they canceled it the other one was over 100 thousand with fake bids from Donald Trump and other famous names.

The other auction was on United Gun Group.  We're "friends" with them on social media.  They released the following statement:

George Zimmerman has informed United Gun Group that he currently is in the process of vetting several offers and verifying funds. We had two auctions running simultaneously, one for the pre-qualified bidders, one for the public. Our part in this process is over and we are going to get back to business as usual. Its important to understand United Gun Group will always make all decisions solely based on the laws of the United States of America. Having this stance ensures that every member is treated 100% equal regardless of personal opinions. We will not have further comment on this issue. United Gun Group www.unitedgungroup.com

They say that the Donald Trump and John Smith bids were on the fake auction and used the hashtag #trolledthetrolls.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »
so, some people were making fake accounts in the names of celebrities and bidding for them...isn't that fraud?