!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: The Official GunLink POPVOX Thread To Oppose Gun Control Legislation  (Read 37283 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: The Official GunLink POPVOX Thread To Oppose Gun Control Legislation
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
IAnd there's two more that aren't showing up in PopVox, but are showing up on GovTrack and the Library of Congress website:

HR 2465 - would require an annual report on the effects of gun violence on public health

H. Res 318 - a statement of disapproval about gun violence in the nation and calls for Congress to enact gun control reforms to reduce the violence

GunLink Discussion Forums

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »
I haven't been contacting my critters in a while.  I need to get on that.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 10:45:52 PM »
I get letters out of the wazoo from one of my senators...even on items I don't leave personal comments.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »
Nothing new since Congress came back as of yet. I have a feeling we'll be seeing another surge of gun control legislation.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
They are two "new" bills up that I'm almost positive were introduced earlier in the year, about preserving public target ranges, and public hunting.

If you haven't been to POPVOX in awhile, it's filled with ObamaCare, and budget laws now.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 11:32:31 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know, that there still isn't anything new on gun control in the legislature right now. ALmost everything in PopVox has to do with ObamaCare, debt management, and various funding bills. I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Offline XDs45IWB

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 09:32:55 PM »
Thanks for tenacity & updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline masfonos

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 10:22:18 PM »
That just means we have to look to see what other bills they're trying to sneak gun control into.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »
I do keep that in mind and I do searches on a monthly basis (or about that) on the congress website and I search key words within the text. Nothing has popped up that I can tell. I have two new bills to add:

The Sport Act

S. 1660: A bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

The Protecting Individual Liberties and States' Rights Act

H.R. 3483: To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide exceptions from the firearm prohibitions otherwise applicable in relation to marijuana if its possession is lawful under State law.

FYI, the Sports Act is 55 pages long and has a variety of topics in it, including: public gun ranges on federal land, hunting on federal land, and an change to the toxic substance text. I'm trying to figure out what it means, but I think they're adding firearms, ammunition and everything to the toxic substance control act. I would aprpeciate any feed back on this since I tried reading the toxic substance control PDF and it is 50 pages long and I don't have that kind of attention span.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:30:43 PM by LivingDeadGirl »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 10:52:17 PM »
Three new bills re-introduced this week.

S. 1774

S. 1774: A bill to reauthorize the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 for 1 year.

HR 3566

To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to provide for a grant program regarding firearms.

HR 3590

H.R. 3590: To protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2014, 07:07:47 PM »
It's been a while since I have updated this page, sorry for that. As I going through the Congress webpage to see what bills, if any, have been moved on since September, I found the number to be very small, and the number of new bills to also be small. So I'm posting all of the bills that have had action since September below.

I also threw in one that isn't about firearms, but it's about knife ownership. I'm assuming most gun owning citizens own at the very least a pocket knife and most hunters own larger knives. I thought this might be of interest to some.

The SpeakUp page with the widgets for PopVox will be updated sometime this weekend as well.

Student Protection Act

HR 2625: To protect the rights of children

Prohibiting firearms sales to certain classes of high-risk individuals.

H.R.2648: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the sale or other disposition of a firearm to, and the possession, shipment, transportation, or receipt of a firearm by, certain classes of high-risk individuals.

HR 2665

H.R. 2665: To ensure secure gun storage and gun safety devices.

Innocent Sellers Fairness Act

HR 2746: To prevent undue disruption of interstate commerce by limiting civil actions brought against persons whose only role with regard to a product in the stream of commerce is as a lawful seller of the product.

Justice Exists For Us All Act

H.R. 2812: To encourage States to prohibit “stand your ground” laws and require neighborhood watch programs to register with local law enforcement agencies and the Department of Justice, to direct the Attorney General to study such laws, and for other purposes.

Explosive Materials Background Check Act

HR 2836: To strengthen the enforcement of background checks with respect to the use of explosive materials.

The Gun Violence Prevention and Reduction Act

HR 2910: To protect American children and their families from the epidemic of gun violence by banning access to certain weapons, strengthening the Nation’s mental health infrastructure, and improving the understanding of gun violence.

National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013

HR 2959: To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide a national standard in accordance with which nonresidents of a State may carry concealed firearms in the State.

Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013

HR 3018: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the excise tax and special occupational tax in respect of firearms and to increase the transfer tax on any other weapon, and for other purposes.

SHARE Act of 2013

HR 3197: To protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act

HR 3335: To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

Protecting Individual Liberties and States’ Rights Act

HR 3483: To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide exceptions from the firearm prohibitions otherwise applicable in relation to marijuana if its possession is lawful under State law.

Airport Security Act of 2013

HR 3484: To prohibit certain individuals from possessing a firearm in an airport, and for other purposes.

Domestic Violence Criminal Disarmament Act of 2013

HR 3566: To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 to provide for a grant program regarding firearms.

SHARE Act of 2013

HR 3590: To protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act of 2013

HR 3643: To reauthorize the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 for 10 years and to close a loophole in the Act.

Second Amendment Enforcement Act

HR 3689: To restore Second Amendment rights in the District of Columbia.

Protecting Gun Owners in Bankruptcy Act of 2014

HR 3933: To amend title 11 of the United States Code to include firearms in the types of property allowable under the alternative provision for exempting property from the estate.

Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act

S. 572: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify the conditions under which certain persons may be treated as adjudicated mentally incompetent for certain purposes.

Hunting, Fishing, and Recreational Shooting Protection Act

S 1505: A bill to amend the Toxic Substances Control Act to clarify the jurisdiction of the Environmental Protection Agency with respect to certain sporting good articles, and to exempt those articles from definition under that Act.

The Sport Act

S. 1660: A bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

Undetectable Firearms Reauthorization Act of 2013

S 1774: A bill to reauthorize the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988 for 1 year.

S 1889

S. 1889: A bill to direct the United States Sentencing Commission with respect to penalties for the unlawful production of a controlled substance on Federal property or intentional trespass on the property of another that causes environmental damage.

Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2014

S 1908: A bill to allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.

S 1996

S. 1996: A bill to protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes.

The Knife Owners’ Protection Act

S. 1955: A bill to protect the right of law-abiding citizens to transport knives interstate, notwithstanding a patchwork of local and State prohibitions.

Offline bangbangclick

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:33 AM »
You have to register?
Bazinga

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »
Yes. You register with your address where you are registered to vote. That way all comments go to the correct representatives.

Sent from Tapatalk

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 12:53:05 AM »
Okay guys. New Congress in session and PopVox has decided to updated their website. Unfortunately, it makes sorting through the proposed legislation a little more time consuming now since they don't have the list of all legislation anymore. At least the search function is working now, but they took down their ready-to-use HTML code boxes. We are working to figure out the best way to post the new legislation in a user friendly format, especially the widgets page.

In the mean time, this is what I have found as of now:

Firearm Safety Act of 2015

To amend the Consumer Product Safety Act to remove the exclusion of pistols, revolvers,
and other firearms from the definition of consumer product in order to permit the
issuance of safety standards for such articles by the Consumer Product Safety
Commission.

S. 173

A bill to modify the definition of "antique firearm".

The Look-Alike Weapons Safety Act

To improve requirements for entering into commerce of imitation firearms, and for other purposes.

The Safe and Responsible Gun Transfer Act

To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.

HR 131

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

The Homemade Firearms Accountability Act

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.

The Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act

To prohibit the sale, offering for sale, manufacture for sale, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and to prohibit the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications.

HR 47

To ensure secure gun storage and gun safety devices.

HR 307

To establish a gun buyback grant program.

The Safe Students Act

To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

The Keeping Guns from High Risk Individuals Act

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to prohibit the sale or other disposition of a firearm to, and the possession, shipment, transportation, or receipt of a firearm by, certain classes of high-risk individuals.

HR 224

To require the Surgeon General of the Public Health Service to submit to Congress an annual report on the effects of gun violence on public health.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:24:45 AM by LivingDeadGirl »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2015, 06:59:14 PM »

Looks like a good crop of laws that could have important consequences.

These catch my eyes though. 

S. 173

Sounds like a good idea.  Gets rid of the arbitrary 1898 date and makes it 100 years before "now."   Why would a 100 year old gun in 1998 be an antique but not a 116 year old gun this year?

The Safe and Responsible Gun Transfer Act
To provide for greater safety in the use of firearms.

Anything with such a friendly, common sense tagline as that above in red has to be dangerous.  And it is.  Summary says "The purpose of this title is to extend the Brady Law background check procedures to all sales and transfers of firearms."  That is:  to further regulate private, in-state sales of a legal object.

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.
Sounds like they're butt hurt over the 80% receiver market.  All those dangerous street thugs and drug dealers with a machine shop and the knowledge to use it.  Beware!

"Request.--A person who has attained 18 years of age and desires to make a firearm, or obtain a unique serial number or other identifying mark for a firearm made by the person after 1968, may request a licensed dealer to issue a unique serial number or other identifying mark for the firearm, which request shall describe the firearm involved, and state whether the firearm will be (or is) a handgun. ``(b) Consideration.-- ``(1) Treatment of request as transfer proposal.--A request made of a licensed dealer pursuant to subsection (a) with respect to firearm shall be treated as a proposed transfer of the firearm from the licensed dealer to the applicant, for purposes of section 922(t) of this title and section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. ``(2) Issuance of serial number.--A licensed dealer may issue to an applicant a unique serial number and identifying mark for a firearm pursuant to such a request..."

HR 307
To establish a gun buyback grant program.

Nope.  Nope nope nope. 

Take more of our money to pay scumbags for their stolen crime guns or to send grandpa's war bringback to the shredder.  Brilliant.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 10:51:53 PM »
OK - PopVox has improved their search function enough that I can actually locate bills without wanting to bang my head on the keyboard. I will apologize for such a large post. I used every search term I could come up with (firearm, weapon, ammunition, concealed, gun, handgun, rifle, hunting, explosive, knife)

Here's an update of everything that is in congress as of now - everything has been submitted to commitee and/or subcommittees, and only one has been moved to the actual calendar and i couldn't find a date for it.

H.R. 131 To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

Firearm Safety Act of 2015 

Amends the Consumer Product Safety Act to remove from the definition of "consumer product" the exclusion for any article sold by a manufacturer, producer, or importer that would be subject to a firearms sales tax under the Internal Revenue Code for pistols, revolvers, and other firearms, including shells and cartridges, thereby permitting the Consumer Product Safety Commission to issue safety standards for such articles.

Modifies the definition of "antique firearm" under the federal criminal code and the Internal Revenue Code to cover any firearm manufactured in or before the calendar year that is 100 years before the year in which a determination is made as to whether the firearm is an antique firearm (currently, any firearm manufactured in or before 1898).

Amends the federal criminal code to authorize a person who has attained age 18 and desires to make a handgun, or to obtain a unique serial number or other identifying mark for a handgun made by the person after 1968, to request a licensed firearms dealer to issue such serial number or identifying mark for such handgun. Treats such request as a proposed transfer of the firearm from the dealer to the applicant for purposes of National Instant Criminal Background Check System provisions.

The Home-Assembled Firearms Restriction Act

Considers as a banned hazardous product under the Consumer Product Safety Act: (1) any firearm receiver casting or firearm receiver blank (do-it-yourself assault weapon) that does not meet the definition of a firearm under the federal criminal code at the point of sale but that can be completed after purchase by the consumer to function as a firearm frame or receiver for a semiautomatic assault weapon or machine gun, or (2) an assault weapon parts kit or machine gun parts kit.

Makes it unlawful to market or advertise any of such weapons for sale on any medium of electronic communications, including over the Internet. Requires marketing or advertising violations to be treated as unfair or deceptive acts or practices under the Federal Trade Commission Act.

The Firearms Manufacturers and Dealers Protection Act

This bill declares that funds appropriated or otherwise made available, including amounts derived from any fee or other source, are denied to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Department of Justice, or any other federal agency to carry out Operation Choke Point or any other program designed to discourage the provision or continuation of credit or the processing of payments by financial institutions for dealers and manufacturers of firearms and ammunition.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:20 PM »

he Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act

To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.

The Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act

To increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.

To modify the definition of "antique firearm".

Modifies the definition of "antique firearm" under the federal criminal code and the Internal Revenue Code to cover any firearm manufactured in or before the calendar year that is 100 years before the year in which a determination is made as to whether the firearm is an antique firearm (currently, any firearm manufactured in or before 1898).

Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act of 2015

Provides a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record any firearm acquired before October 31, 1968, by a veteran while a member of the Armed Forces stationed outside the continental United States.

Veterans' Heritage Firearms Act of 2015

Provides a 90-day amnesty period during which veterans and their family members can register in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record any firearm acquired before October 31, 1968, by a veteran while a member of the Armed Forces stationed outside the continental United States.

The Ammunition and Firearms Protection Act

To prevent the reclassification of certain ammunition as armor piercing ammunition.

Firearms Manufacturers and Dealers Protection Act of 2015

This bill declares that funds appropriated or otherwise made available, including amounts derived from any fee or other source, are denied to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Department of Justice, or any other federal agency to carry out Operation Choke Point or any other program designed to discourage the provision or continuation of credit or the processing of payments by financial institutions for dealers and manufacturers of firearms and ammunition.

Support Assault Firearms Elimination and Reduction for our Streets Act

Amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow an individual taxpayer to elect a tax credit of $2,000 for surrendering a specified assault weapon, as defined by this Act, as part of a public safety program to reduce the number of privately owned weapons. Terminates such credit two years after the enactment of this Act.

FIREARM Act

Prohibits the federal government from requiring disclosure of the race or ethnicity of a person to whom a firearm is transferred.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

The Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act
Amends the federal criminal code to: (1) allow licensed firearms importers, manufacturers, dealers, or collectors (licensees) to sell or deliver any firearm (currently, rifles or shotguns) to a resident of a state other than the state in which the licensee is located or temporarily located if the licensee meets with the purchaser to complete the sale or delivery and the transaction complies with the laws of the state in which the transfer is conducted and the purchaser's state of residence; and (2) eliminate the requirement that a licensee must conduct business at a gun show only in the state that is specified on the licensee's license.
Provides that nothing in this Act shall be construed to prohibit the sale or other disposition of a firearm or ammunition: (1) between licensed firearms dealers at any location in any state; or (2) by a licensed importer, manufacturer, or dealer to an unlicensed person at a temporary location in any state.
Amends definitions for federal firearms provisions to: (1) revise the definition of a "member of the Armed Forces on active duty" to include a member (or member's spouse) who is a resident of the state in which such person maintains legal residence or in which the member maintains a place of abode from which the member commutes each day to the permanent duty station; and (2) provide that an officer or employee of the United States (other than a member of the Armed Forces) stationed outside the United States for a period exceeding one year, or a spouse residing with such an officer or employee, is a resident of the state in which the person maintains legal residence.

Conceal Carry on Military Bases

This bill directs the Department of Defense to establish a process by which the commander of a military installation in the United States may authorize a qualifying member of the Armed Forces who is assigned to duty at the installation to carry a concealed personal firearm on the installation if the commander determines it to be necessary as a personal-protection or force-protection measure.
The commander of the installation shall consult with appropriate state and local elected officials and take into consideration state and local laws law regarding carrying a concealed personal firearm.

The Accidental Firearms Transfers Reporting Act

To require the Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation to report to the Congress semiannually on the number of firearms transfers resulting from the failure to complete a background check within 3 business days, and the procedures followed after it is discovered that a firearm transfer has been made to a transferee who is ineligible to receive a firearm.

Securing Military Personnel Response Firearm Initiative Act

To improve security at Armed Forces recruitment centers.

Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act of 2015

To modernize the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988.

End Purchase of Firearms by Dangerous Individuals Act of 2015

End Purchase of Firearms by Dangerous Individuals Act of 2015

Fairness in Firearm Testing Act

To require the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to make video recordings of the examination and testing of firearms and ammunition, and for other purposes.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 10:52:59 PM »

Undetectable Firearms Modernization Act of 2015

To modernize the Undetectable Firearms Act of 1988.

Collectible Firearms Protection Act

To amend the Arms Export Control Act to provide that certain firearms listed as curios or relics may be imported into the United States by a licensed importer without obtaining authorization from the Department of State or the Department of Defense, and for other purposes.

To authorize the appropriation of funds to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for conducting or supporting research on firearms safety or gun violence prevention.

To authorize the appropriation of funds to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for conducting or supporting research on firearms safety or gun violence prevention.

Firearm Risk Protection Act of 2015

To prohibit the sale of a firearm to, and the purchase of a firearm by, a person who is not covered by appropriate liability insurance coverage.

Firearm Act of 2015

To prohibit the Federal Government from requiring race or ethnicity to be disclosed in connection with the transfer of a firearm.

Firearms Interstate Commerce Reform Act

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

A bill to amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to more comprehensively address the interstate transportation of firearms or ammunition.

Responsible Transfer of Firearms Act

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to promote the responsible transfer of firearms.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to extend the period during which a firearms licensee is required to wait for a response from the national instant criminal background check system before being allowed to transfer a firearm to a prospective transferee.

To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to extend the period during which a firearms licensee is required to wait for a response from the national instant criminal background check system before being allowed to transfer a firearm to a prospective transferee.

Firearm Rights Equally Enforced Act

To amend title 18, United States Code, to give nationwide effect to the least restrictive State laws regarding the carrying of firearms that are concealed, or are partially or fully visible to the public.

The Safeguarding Service Members’ Second Amendment Rights Act

To safeguard military personnel on Armed Forces military installations by repealing bans on military personnel carrying firearms, and for other purposes.

Securing Military Personnel Response Firearm Initiative Act

To improve security at Armed Forces recruitment centers.

Gun Trafficking Prevention Act of 2015

To prevent gun trafficking.

The Pause for Safety Act

A bill to provide family members and close associates of an individual who they fear is a danger to himself, herself, or others new tools to prevent gun violence.

The Fix Gun Checks Act 

To ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the national instant criminal background check system and require a background check for every firearm sale.

The Gun Look-Alike Case Act

To regulate the sale of cases and covers that resemble firearms, to amend the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 with respect to the regulation of toy, look-alike, and imitation firearms, and to provide penalties for a violation of such regulations.

Hadiya Pendleton and Nyasia Pryear-Yard Gun Trafficking and Crime Prevention Act of 2015

To prevent gun trafficking.

Handgun Purchaser Licensing Act

To provide for a grant program for handgun licensing programs, and for other purposes.

Expressing support for designation of June 21 as National ASK (Asking Saves Kids) Day to promote children's health and gun safety.

Expressing support for designation of June 21 as National ASK (Asking Saves Kids) Day to promote children's health and gun safety.

Enforce Existing Gun Laws Act

To repeal certain appropriations riders that limit the ability of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to administer the Federal firearms laws.