!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Memberships/Participation & Support of Gun Civil Rights  (Read 5762 times)

Offline jonbouy00

Memberships/Participation & Support of Gun Civil Rights
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »
I do not think we have a place here to show our memberships and involvement to support 2nd Amendment rights, so here goes. If it needs to be moved that's ok.

My memberships: Life Patron member of NRA and life member of the Second Amendment Foundation  (SAF)
Member of Illinois State Rifle Association (ISRA), Guns Save Life (GSL), IllinoisCarry, Dewitt County Sportsman's Club (DCSC) & Live Free USA, Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network & Armed Citizen Alliance (ACA).

Aside from memberships, involved as an NRA Basic Instructor Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol & RSO. Being from Illinois there is an, 'opportunity' to attend Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day (IGOLD) every spring. If you want more info I would be glad to reply. Attending events that I can, such as the Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC). Could not go to Florida this year but last year it was in Chicago and St Louis before that, and they are excellent. (Chicago is Behind enemy lines) Helped organize a Town Hall Meeting for our county on concealed carry for IllinoisCarry. I have done some other things for IllinoisCarry also. Organized a bus for IGOLD for our city to ride to the State Capitol.
Whenever possible help out where asked whether for instructing, safety or just participating and being counted. I have several licenses to carry, (in other states not run by DC, District of Chicago) and do so whenever I can, as does the wife. I am 61 and hoping I see a 'good' concealed carry law before it's all over. I do fanny pack carry often in Illinois, and have worn more than one out waiting for a concealed carry law. (Frustrated ??? ) Also help out at the NRA Kids Safety Camp each year, which is very rewarding.
I would very much like to read about your participation and involvement for the cause. May give me and others, some good ideas!
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Memberships/Participation & Support of Gun Civil Rights
« on: October 07, 2012, 05:23:15 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Memberships/Participation & Support of Gun Civil Rights
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 10:38:49 PM »
I'm in NRA and GOA.  This thread is a good reminder that I need to renew NRA membership this month.  I also gift NRA memberships to others occasionally as money and interest allows.

I've toyed with the idea of getting involved with JPFO.  They seem like a good no-compromise organization and membership isn't just for Jews, so I may do that as money allows.  I also mean to look more closely at SAF everytime I hear about them, but I never remember to.  That's another one I'm interested in.

Locally, I'm not really a member of any organizations but there are a couple loose groups I get together with to shoot, participate in OC dinners and I try to get people involved with appleseed events whenever there is one locally.  I used to go to to FNRA dinners pretty regularly but I haven't gone in a few years.  They're a decent bunch to get hooked up with since the money from the dinners goes to getting kids involved with shooting and firearm safety.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 12:17:27 AM »
I've been involved with a number of organizations in the past, but I think the only ones that I'm current on membership with are NRA and NSSF.

Aside from joining organizations, we try to further awareness and help other people get involved by spreading the word about Second Amendment issues as well as other shooting, hunting and firearms-related news through the GunLink websites, forums, social media and more.

We also provide dedicated boards within our forums for certain groups that allow people to connect and get involved.  These include the Project Appleseed board, where users can find information about the RWVA and Project Appleseed events, as well as the JPFO States Corner board which serves as an online rallying point for people to connect with others in their area and organize local Second Amendment activities.

On a local level, we love helping to get new shooters safely involved in the shooting sports, attending local shoots and spreading the general pro-Second Amendment word whenever the opportunity arises.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 12:20:26 AM »
PS - Cross posted a link to this thread in the "List of Organizations" thread.

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 12:32:16 PM »
JFPO has worked with GSL some, I too believe them to be a good organization.
I have thought about GOA, but have not really investigated them. Can you provide info?
Friends of NRA does good work. They help sponsor the kids shooting camp I was talking about. The longest running in the nation at 14 years I think.

Oh yea, lots of internet stuff, which is really big and getting more influnence.
I read a lot of stuff from NSSF, but I have not, yet, joined them. Maybe someday but being semi-retired especially, resources are limited.

Sounds like you two are certainly helping the cause. Personally I thank you very much for that.
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
IS THIS ALL? Login and post what you do.
Jon

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:35:08 PM »
National Rifle Association, Ducks Unlimited member and NRAILA donor.  Used to teach local kids safe shooting years ago.

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 07:28:48 AM »
Excellent SharpsShooter! Helping the cause. Thanks for helping the next generation of shooters. Any interst in teaching again?
Jon

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
Excellent SharpsShooter! Helping the cause. Thanks for helping the next generation of shooters. Any interst in teaching again?

I am not really interested in teaching in a classroom type environment but I still frequently take family youngsters shooting.  I will seldom pass on opportunity to to go shooting or hunting with old friends and their kids either.