!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Florida files constitutional assault weapons ban  (Read 1545 times)

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Florida files constitutional assault weapons ban
« on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »
A proposed state constitutional amendment to ban assault weapons is coming into shape for the 2020 ballot, after the sponsor filed new language with the Florida Division of Elections this month.
The amendment, sponsored by Ban Assault Weapons Now (BAWN), would bar possession of “any semiautomatic rifle or shotgun capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition at once.” The restriction would not apply to handguns.

For those who already own the potentially barred weapons, they would be required to register the weapon “by make, model, and serial number with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.” Absent that, possession of the weapons after a year of the amendment’s effective date would be illegal.

http://floridapolitics.com/archives/281964-assault-weapons-ban-initiative

GunLink Discussion Forums

Florida files constitutional assault weapons ban
« on: December 17, 2018, 11:51:55 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Florida files constitutional assault weapons ban
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »
I am under the impression that gun registries are unconstitutional?  Am I wrong here?

Offline masfonos

Re: Florida files constitutional assault weapons ban
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 06:51:45 PM »
1) Any infringement (Merriam-Webster: "an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege") is UNCONSTITUTIONAL per the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

2) FOPA reads:

"No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners’ Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or dispositions be established."

(NFRTR is pre-FOPA)

FOPA hasn't stopped DC. Or HI. Or NY. Or 3310.4 forms. Etc, etc, etc.

"Show me the man who doesn’t want his gun registered and I will show you a man who shouldn’t have a gun" - AG Homer Cummings (D)