!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Dumb Question  (Read 1335 times)

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Dumb Question
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
I am fairly new to following the gun control debate. I am confused by the term “universal background check”.  I have been reading article after article where polls show voters support universal background checks, expanded background checks, etc. 

Am I missing something?  To me, at least, it appears these are laws already on the books at the federal and state levels.  Is this just another way for lawmakers to make it look like they’re doing something and when it still doesn’t work they can say we tried everything time to take the guns?

GunLink Discussion Forums

Dumb Question
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »

Offline rutlege

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: Dumb Question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:35:29 PM »
The laws are dealers to do background checks and they're the only ones allowed to use the background check system and they have to do a check on every sale in a store or at a gun show or at their kitchen table or anywhere else. UBCs are to shut down private sales since they either cant sell because they can't run a background check or will have to pay a dealer $50 to do a transfer with a background check. Normal people won't risk jail to sell a gun and criminals will just keep getting guns the same way they always do. None of gun laws are meant to keep anyone safe they're just meant to get rid of guns period. The only people that support them either want guns gone or are stupid enough to buy what antis tell them.