!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Iowa State and Local Legislation  (Read 3864 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Iowa State and Local Legislation
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »
This post will be for residents of Iowa to share state and local legislation. Please indicate if the bill you're talking about is local or state.

You can find your state representatives: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find

If you need help finding your local representatives, please let me know and I will do what I can.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Iowa State and Local Legislation
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:37:48 AM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Iowa State and Local Legislation
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:40:14 PM »
Here's some of the new legislation being proposed this year:

SB1175 - defines "going armed with intent", amends possession of dangerous weapon while under the influence, and more

SF88/SF414 - adds simulated firearm and explosive to certain crimes with dangerous weapons

SF256 - prohibits a public college from enacting any policy that prevents legal CCDW

SF254 - prohibits healthcare professionals from asking about a patient's ownership of firearms

SF188 - allows for a parent, guardian or spouse to allow anyone in their family under 21 to possess a handgun while under direct supervision

HJR13 - second amendment protection act

HF73/145 - would require all private sales to go through an FFL

HF70 - bans large capacity magazines

HF398 - defines "semi automatic assault weapon" and prohibits the sale or transfer of these weapons

HF397 - requires reporting of lost or stolen firearms to LEO

HF162 - prohibits employers from prohibiting firearms within an employee's vehicle