!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: carbon fiber barrels  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Prada

• GunLink Member
carbon fiber barrels
« on: September 14, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »
Traded for a MRI 17 mach 2 semi auto rifle with carbon fiber barrel. It is unbelievably accurate and lightweight and functions flawlessly. It is now ready for a cleaning. Do I need to treat it differently from other barrels. It was used and did not come with a manual. Carbon fiber barrels are pricey but are worth it, at least in rimfire calibers. Does anybody have one in a centerfire?

GunLink Discussion Forums

carbon fiber barrels
« on: September 14, 2017, 12:28:40 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: carbon fiber barrels
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 12:40:58 PM »
I've never owned one but I shot one on my buddy's rifle with a .920 CF bull barrel. I didn't know it was CF when I picked it up so I was really surprised when it was so light. It was plenty accurate.

AFAIK there aren't any special care instructions. I might try to keep harsh solvents, acetone, acetate, etc off of it but I don't know for sure whether they would actually do any harm.

Offline rugerguru

• GunLink Member
Re: carbon fiber barrels
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 01:32:58 PM »
I do not do any sort of specialized care routine for either of the two carbon fiber barrels that I own.  Both are for rimfire and not centerfire though.  My experience is similar to yours with regard to to accuracy and weight in that both are very good.  Who made your barrel?