!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Police Response to Weird Call  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

Police Response to Weird Call
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »
OK, The more I think about this, the weirder and funnier I find it to be.

Yesterday, while working on my nephews truck, a Missouri State Trooper pulled in to  the driveway.  I asked if I could help him and he responded he was looking for #9 (My house).  I pointed to it and said I owned it and lived there.  He asked if I was being robbed.

"What?"

"We received a phone call that said you were being robbed."

"I don't think so."

We went down to the house and check it out.  Meanwhile three more officers arrived.  Nothing was out of place and no signs of a break-in.

Apparently, a lady called my number and who ever answered the phone said they did not live here, but were breaking in and wanted to know if the caller knew where I kept my valuables.  The lady hung up and called the police.  (I am glad she did, but it is still weird!)

We had a couple of cases where my phone would ring and it would be like a party line, but that has not happened in several months.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Police Response to Weird Call
« on: November 18, 2011, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Police Response to Weird Call
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 03:12:06 PM »
That is supremely strange.

Do you know who it was that called your place then the police?  Someone you know?  I wonder if it was the other people on the party line (or crossed lines or whatever it was) messing with her or if she mis-dialed.  Keep your eyes on the paper for other places that might have been getting robbed.

Was it just a regular land-line phone (on your end and hers)?

Offline Uncle Buck

Re: Police Response to Weird Call
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:06:08 AM »
I talked to the lady who called the police.  She called back and left a message on my phone and said she was concerned and was going to call the police.

I had been waiting for a representative from her company to call me.  I needed an item her company sells, but you can not order it from the company directly, you have to go through a representative.

Yes, it was a landline.  Still scratching my head and laughing over this.  We have not had a robbery in our neighborhood is several years.  Bunch of retirees around here who are outside all the time and we all watch out for each others property.

An Aside:  A few years ago I saw a van pull into the neighbors house with plates from Arkanasas.  Three people who do not "Fit" in this area jumped out and one went to the door and knocked, another went to the end of the driveway (looked like he was watching for someone) and the thir went to the side of the house.  When the guy who knocked started trying to peek through the window, I had my wife call 911 and I went to the roadside, still on my property, and made a show of writing down their license plate and make/model of the vehicle.  (I open carry on my property, so my sidearm was prominently displayed.) 
  The guy at the end of my neighbors driveway was very concerned and I asked him what he was looking out for.  Long story short, I asked them to wait for the police.  When the police showed up, it turned out they were there to pick up a vacuum cleaner and my neighbor was vacuuming at the time and did not hear the door bell.