!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Indiana State and Local Legislation  (Read 4106 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Indiana State and Local Legislation
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »
This post will be for residents of Indiana to share state and local legislation. Please indicate if the bill you're talking about is local or state.

You can find your state representatives: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/find-legislators/

If you need help finding your local representatives, please let me know and I will do what I can.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Indiana State and Local Legislation
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Indiana State and Local Legislation
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 12:34:16 AM »
Similar to Illinois (but not nearly as many), a search of proposed legislation using the keyword "firearm" resulted in 95 pieces of legislation.

After I finish the rest of the local boards, I will come back to Indiana and go through the individual bills as best as I can. You can use this link: http://iga.in.gov/results/   to perform the same search. A quick look shows bills dealing with firearm ownership and medical records, firearms on business properties, disguised firearms, lawsuits against firearm manufacturers, and more.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Indiana State and Local Legislation
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
Here's some of the new legislation being proposed this year:
HB1446 - prohibits a doctor from disclosing certain information relating to a patient's ownership of firearms

SB344 - makes it a felony for an illegal alien to possess a firearm

HB1588 - would prohibit the state from regulating firearms, accessories and ammuniton as well as ownership and storage of these items.

HB1460 - would exempt firearms and ammunition from sales tax

HB1646 - defines ballistics and microstamping and would assign these topics to a study committee.

SB426 - would make certain centerfire rifles illegal to open carry

HB1258 - would prevent public state universities from prohibiting legal carrying of firearms and would allow persons afffected by the restrictions to bring suit against the college

HB1159 - constitutional carry

HB1161 - provides for a state income tax credit on qualified firearm storage devices.

HB1577/SB322 - require anyone arrested for felony charges to submit DNA samples and allow for expungement if acquitted or charges dropped