!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER Gun-Free-Zone Movie Theater Attack  (Read 5246 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Yet ANOTHER Gun-Free-Zone Movie Theater Attack
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
Just days after we posted our article about another "Gun Free Zone" movie theater shooting last month and how these "no guns allowed" policies do nothing to protect patrons, we are dealing with another similar incident in Antioch, Tennessee. 

When, if ever, will the businesses who enact these No Guns Allowed policies open their eyes and see that all they are doing is eliminating any possibility that their customers have a chance to fight back against a violent attack, whether that attack comes in the form of an active shooter, a knife or ax wielding madman (as with the one in NY - and this scumbag in Antioch apparently also had a knife and/or ax), or other assorted terrorists and criminals.  UPDATE:  scumbag is now reported to have been armed with an airsoft pistol, a hatchet, and pepper spray.  No guns.

As early as 2010, Tennessee movie goers were worried about their safety in Carmike Cinemas theaters due to their anti-gun policies

Just days earlier in 2010, Tennessee members of another discussion board were discussing whether or not they should patronize Carmike theaters because of the firearm policy.

Again in 2012, Carmike Cinemas apparently doubled down on their "no guns allowed" stance following the Aurora Colorado movie theater shooting in apparent hopes that a crazed madman would heed the policy and turn around when he saw the signs.

We may never know if things would have been different if the theater afforded the opportunity for patrons to defend themselves.

Discuss your opinion on gun-free zones....
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:25:17 AM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: August 05, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Yet ANOTHER Gun-Free-Zone Movie Theater Shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »
And, like clockwork, the programmed brain-trust of the gun control machine awakens after receiving the signal.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:28:21 PM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Yet ANOTHER Gun-Free-Zone Movie Theater Attack
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:12:01 PM »
#ThanksNRA

Yep.  Completely natural, organic, grassroots movement at the click of a button:

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:59 AM »
Where did everyone go?
I haven't heard much about more gun control or NRA lately. 
I guess they lost their steam when they figured out it wasn't a real gun so they don't care anymore.
What about hatchet control?

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 12:19:26 AM »
What about hatchet control?

Before Popvox became a pain in the rear end to use, I sent in a bunch of comments to my Senators and Congressman. The only time my Congressman has ever responded to me was to send me a survey asking why I don't support the gun control measures. This was shortly after that drunk guy somehow got through the traffic stops and ran over a bunch of bicyclists during a race. I asked if he was going to ask for cars to be banned. And I pointed out a local stabbing, asked if he was going to ban knives.

I'm still waiting for a response.

Offline DrFootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 10:05:55 PM »
And you probably will be waiting a long time....if not indefinitely....I'm blessed to have Dr Paul Gosar as our Rep. (AZ d-4)....he's also helping me fight the VA after 19 years of denials
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:07:50 PM by DrFootball »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 02:15:04 PM »
Unfortunately, my congressional district is my entire county and only my county. The only blue district in the entire state  as well. It is also unfortunate that the republicans have not had a viable candidate to challenge him. The last guy that tried didn't even take 25% of the votes. No coverage of him at all. I didn't even know there was a challenger until I saw a booth at a local festival.