!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: BREAKING: BATFE Temporarily Pulls Proposed M855 "AR15 Ammo" Ban  (Read 2946 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
ATF Pulls Proposed M855 Ammo Ban

http://blog.gunlink.info/2015/03/10/atf-pulls-proposed-m855-ammo-ban/

Although ATF endeavored to create a proposal that reflected a good faith interpretation of the law and balanced the interests of law enforcement, industry, and sportsmen, the vast majority of the comments received to date are critical of the framework, and include issues that deserve further study. Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline shhhgunz

• marketplace
  • Hush, puppy.
Re: BREAKING: BATFE Temporarily Pulls Proposed M855 "AR15 Ammo" Ban
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »
SWEET!  Victory even if it is only temporary and I'm sure they will keep trying everything they can.   With luck this will be some smackdown momentum for other stuff they have on their plate like 41p and the nfa cases.  Its a little sad that they go 80,000 comments on this and only 9,000 on 41p but I guess fewer people care about that.  Stand Together all gun owners!  Too bad they don't summarily round file 41p or the whole 34 nfa or 68 gca or 86 mg ban!!

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:08:38 PM »
Been a while since I posted, I am mostly reading these days.  I wanted to drop in and let you know that this might not be as big of a victory as we think.

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/235054-supreme-court-sides-with-administration-in-rulemaking-challenge

Regulators won a big victory at the Supreme Court on Monday as the justices endorsed expansive powers for changing the interpretation of federal rules.

The Supreme Court ruled 9-0 that federal agencies do not have to follow procedures for notifying the public and collecting comment when changing the interpretations of rules, effectively removing steps from the process that can take months and sometimes years to complete.

Who would be surprised if they pull back on rule changes under the "old" way and just unilaterally jam them through without notice or comments or input from anyone else.  Is this equivalent to O's "pen and phone"?

Offline SharpsShooter

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 04:25:24 PM »

Although ATF endeavored to create a proposal that reflected a good faith interpretation of the law and balanced the interests of law enforcement, industry, and sportsmen, the vast majority of the comments received to date are critical of the framework, and include issues that deserve further study. Accordingly, ATF will not at this time seek to issue a final framework. After the close of the comment period, ATF will process the comments received, further evaluate the issues raised therein, and provide additional open and transparent process (for example, through additional proposals and opportunities for comment) before proceeding with any framework.