!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Glock G43 - The Single Stack 9mm?  (Read 11764 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Glock G43 - The Single Stack 9mm?
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »
http://blog.gunlink.info/2015/03/18/buzz-glock-43-single-stack-9x19mm/

Meet the Glock G43 - the new single-stack 9mm plastic fantastic from the Austrian firearm maker.  Read about it and see specs here.

UPDATE 1:  Glock's OFFICIAL announcement of G43 from Glock
UPDATE 2:  Our first impression after some trigger time on the Glock
UPDATE 3:  G43 accessories, holsters, etc. rolling out. (scroll down from here - we'll try to keep the thread updated)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:50:55 AM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Glock G43 - The Single Stack 9mm?
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:16:17 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Glock G43 - The Single Stack 9mm?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 09:08:04 AM »
Pass.  I might be interested in a couple years once they work out all the 1st-run bugs... when they're cheap because the market is flooded with them and everyone loses interest after the next cool new thing comes out.  I'd rather have something proven and there are plenty of small proven guns.

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 09:42:50 AM »
It's about time.  I will try to get a couple when they show up local.  Heard MSRP is 580 but that blue label will be just over 350 and street price will be around 450.  Time to sell off a 40 cal or 2 to fund some new g43 goodness :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:55:14 AM by Glockzilla3K »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 11:46:32 PM »

So it's official and not just a rumor like every other year :)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 08:50:29 AM »
Yes, they do exist.  There will, in fact, be demo pistols in Nashville during NRAAM

GunLink has plans to not only check them out and get more info during the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits, but also to get some trigger time behind the single-stack 9mm G43.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 02:59:27 PM »
I got to shoot the G43 yesterday before the NRAAM. I was actually very impressed with it. As a female with smaller hands, this fit wonderfully in my hand: the slide was extremely easy to manipulate, the trigger pull was just right, but I did prefer it with the pinky extension on the magazine. It's also small enough that I think I could carry it on my belt without worrying about the weight pulling on my pants.

Shooting it was very nice as well. The recoil was very manageable and I felt like it shot where I was aiming, which is something I usually have problems with on the smaller handguns. I even tried a couple with my most common mistake, not holding it properly in the web of my hand, it did pull high left, but still on the target. A tried a couple limp wristed as well and I didn't have any problems with the pistol cycling to the next round.

All in all, this was the first pistol that I have handled that I thought it was comfortable enough that I could carry it.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 10:57:28 AM »
In case you missed it, here is our quick writeup and some pics from our range time behind the G43 at NRAAM

Pre-NRAAM Glock 43 Launch Party in Nashville

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Glock 43 Accessories: TALON Grips
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 10:28:47 AM »
TALON Grips Launches Glock 43 Grips

TALON Grips, Inc. is proud to announce the release of a Glock 43 grip.

“The demand for a TALON Grip for the Glock 43 has been greater than any new firearm launch we have experienced”, said Michael Morris, lead designer, and president of TALON Grips. Due to TALON Grip’s ability to go from conceptual prototype to finished grip in a matter of days TALON was able launch the G43 grip shortly after the launch of the 43.
TALON Grips provide additional control on firearms which is a distinct advantage when handling a slim line concealable pistol such as the 43. The extra control provided by TALON Grips will benefit users regardless of hand size with increased control, retention, and greater accuracy. The rubber grip texture is ideal for concealed carry applications where the 43 excels.
TALON Grips were created by a law enforcement officer, competitive shooter, firearms instructor, and armorer to enhance shooter comfort, consistency, and retention in order to enhance the shooting experience. The patented TALON Grips designs provide maximum coverage with minimal bulk.  The increased interface between the user and the platform improves weapon retention, encourages quicker target acquisition, more accurate follow up shots with better recoil mitigation.

TALON Grips are used by the military, law enforcement, competitive shooters, and civilian firearms enthusiasts. The grips are legal for use shooting in IDPA, USPSA, and GSSF competitions.
Founded in 2009 and located in Steamboat Springs, CO, TALON Grips are 100% made in USA. TALON Grips are available in rubber and granulate textures for over 180 firearms at select retailers or direct at www.talongrips.com.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:34:32 AM by GunLink »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Glock 43 Accessories: Alien Gear Holsters
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:31:01 AM »
Alien Gear Holsters Announces Holster For Glock 43

Alien Gear Holsters, the most comfortable, concealable handgun holsters on the planet has recently added the Glock 43 to its lineup of hand-crafted holster shells. These shells are made with dense, hardened boltaron designed to withstand decades of hard use.

Alien Gear Holsters has molded the perfect shell to facilitate the new thin and compact single-stacked Glock 43. According to ammoland.com, the lightweight 9 millimeter has been the most anticipated pistol in Glock history.

Purchase a concealed carry holster for the Glock 43, and choose from an inside-the-pants leather or a comfortable, lightweight neoprene composite material. Alien Gear Holsters also offers an outside the waistband holster option, available in black or tan leather material. These holsters are perfect for open or concealed carry.

Alien Gear Holsters makes over 400 different shells, eliminating the need to buy a different holster for each pistol that you own. Instead, just one holster base can be used to facilitate multiple shells. This allows owners to keep the same hand-stitched base, while interchanging their shells to suit any given firearm. Alien Gear Holsters also offers free shell trades for life as long as the customer still owns their holster base.

Each custom-made holster is backed by an Iron-Clad Triple Guarantee, a 30-day test drive, and a forever warranty. If any part of your Alien Gear Holster ever breaks for any reason, it can be repaired or replaced for free.

Buy an Alien Gear Holster, and join their ever-growing legion of fans today. Learn more about Alien Gear Holsters’ comfortable carry options for the Glock 43 starting at just $29.88 here: http://aliengearholsters.com.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Glock 43 Accessories: Crossbreed Holsters
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 10:43:32 AM »
CrossBreed Holsters confirms fit for the Glock 43

Designed to be the answer to everyday concealed carry needs, this firearm will deserve the very best in a concealment holster. CrossBreed® Holsters confirms fit for the Glock 43 in a wide variety of their IWB and OWB holsters including the SuperTuck® and MiniTuck® as well as ankle holsters, pocket holsters and their entire modular system. The modular system by CrossBreed® includes the Belly Band, Purse Defender, Bedside Backup, Pac Mat and RAM mount systems including a variety of modular accessories.

Visit www.crossbreedholsters.com for a full listing of holsters available for the Glock 43. 

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:03:26 AM by GunLink »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 12:09:53 AM »
Our LGS always has 42s in stock and gets 43s in pretty often and they sit for a few days before selling.  I don't know if they aren't that popular or if they're just making huge numbers of them.  For a small 9mm, the 43 doesn't really do it for me.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2015, 12:27:08 PM »
More accessories keep coming.  Via the Brownells New Product Week in Review for this week:

Warren Tactical Tritium Sights For Glock® 42 & 43
– Steel sights drop into factory dovetails on Glock 42 and 43 pistols and give Tritium dots for fast targeting in all light conditions.  Rear sight has unique “Wave Profile” for extra-wide field of view with Tritium lamp in the center of the U-notch.  Front sight has eye-catching Tritium lamp for instant focus. Sevigny Carry sight has rounded corners for no-snag draw from concealment.  $129.95 retail.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 11:57:06 AM »
ATI Threaded Match Grade Barrel for GLOCK 43 at Brownells

Match grade drop in threaded barrel with thread protector. Precision engineered CNC cut 416R stainless steel. Broach cut and finish honed. Drop in fit, no gunsmithing required. Billet thread protector included. Threaded 1/2-28, 1:10 right hand twist. Compatible with lead bullets. Match grade accuracy.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 11:08:55 PM »
New this week at Brownells...

Taran Tactical Firepower Base Pad for Glock 43 - Patented push pin design, easy to attach and detach from the magazine with no specialty tools or devices required.  Designed specifically for the Glock 43 and CNC machined from billet aluminum, hard anodized and Made in the USA.  Available in: