!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Brock Lesnar faces hunting related charges in Canada  (Read 3721 times)

Offline masfonos

Brock Lesnar faces hunting related charges in Canada
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »
Lesnar faces hunting-related charges in Canada
By ANDREW DAMPF; By PAUL NEWBERRY
AP Sports Writer; AP Sports Writer

Former UFC champ Lesnar faces charges in Canada

Brock Lesnar, former UFC heavyweight champion and professional wrestler, has been accused by Canadian wildlife officials of shooting a mule deer buck in southern Alberta but keeping only the trophy head.

Lesnar, 34, and his hunting guide are facing three charges related to leaving meat to rot, improper tagging and illegal possession of wildlife...

Story at http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/othersports/2017034599_digs17.html

I wonder what the specific charges are.  Shooting meaty things just for a trophy seems like a d*ck move, but I didn't know it was a crime.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Brock Lesnar faces hunting related charges in Canada
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Brock Lesnar faces hunting related charges in Canada
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
Former UFC Champ Lesnar Puts Hunting Charges Behind Him
GunLink.info

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Brock Lesnar, who plead guilty to the charges of failing to properly tag a mule deer, has paid his $1500 fine, made an apology and wants to move on.  The initial charges dealt with failing to properly tag a deer, unlawful possession of wildlife and abandonment/wasting of the edible flesh of big game during a 2010 hunting trip in Alberta.

Lesnar has released a statement explaining "In Alberta, Americans can't hunt without a licensed outfitter. The outfitter is there to make sure you follow the rules. I had two deer tags for the trip, which meant I could legally shoot two deer. On the first day of the trip, I shot a mule deer. On the second day, I shot a white tail. Video from the hunt has been on the Internet for over a year. After I shot the mule deer, I failed to immediately tag it."  He also explained that this was the extent of his involvement and that he was relying on the outfitter to handle the meat and ensure compliance with hunting regulations.  While Lesnar plead guilty to the tagging charges and paid the associated fine, Ramona Robins, the chief crown prosecutor for Medicine Hat, Alberta, has withdrawn the charges of spoilage and illegal possession of wildlife. Lesnar's outfitter still faces charges.

The former UFC champ apparently harbors no hard feelings about the situation and has clearly not soured on the idea of hunting in The Great White North, saying "It's the kind of thing that happens to hunters all the time. I want to thank the Canadian authorities for their cooperation in resolving this misunderstanding. I love Canada and I can't wait to go back to Alberta for a hunt."  He may have to wait a little while though, as he has also been suspended from hunting in Alberta for six months.

Offline MartyG

Re: Brock Lesnar faces hunting related charges in Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 06:16:29 AM »
Brock Lesnar shot a deer? I,ve seen this guy fight on UFC, he don't need no gun to bring big meat down LOL. Glad it was sorted out.