!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Maryland State and Local Legislation  (Read 3284 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Maryland State and Local Legislation
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »
This post will be for residents of Maryland to share state and local legislation. Please indicate if the bill you're talking about is local or state.

You can find your state representatives:
http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frm1st.aspx?tab=home

If you need help finding your local representatives, please let me know and I will do what I can.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Maryland State and Local Legislation
« on: May 19, 2017, 04:48:59 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Maryland State and Local Legislation
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 04:49:34 PM »
Here's some of the state bills being proposed this session:

HB0053 - exempts certain safety devices from sales and use tax

HB0059 - authorizes a person who legally possessed an assault weapon to replace a lost or broken weapon

HB0159/SB0946 - weapon-free higher education zone

HB0610 - repeals the requirement that a person has to have a good reason to obtain a handgun permit

HB0663/SB0511 - clarifies that self-defense qualifies as a good reason to obtain a handgun permit

HB0820/SB0160 - specifies that CCDWs issues in Delawre, Pennsylvania, Viriginia, DC, and West Viriginia are valid in Maryland

HB0905 - reducing application fee for handgun permit to $25

HB0958 - prevents law enforcement from collecting car license plate data from cars at, entering, or leaving a gun show without warrant

HB1398 - prevents law enforcement from using license plate data that indicates that the vehicle owner has a permit for a firearm as the only reason to stop the vehicle

HB1448/SB0948 - requires all privates sales to go through FFL

HB1521 - would establish a Commission to Study Firearm Violence