!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: New 'Waco' Mini-Series To Begin Filming  (Read 2431 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
New 'Waco' Mini-Series To Begin Filming
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »
http://www.twcnews.com/tx/austin/news/2017/04/11/new-tv-miniseries-to-portray-waco-siege-.html

According to Spectrum's cable news, a TV mini-series about the standoff at Waco in 1993 is set to start filming very soon. According to IMDB, Taylor Kitsch will be starring as Koresh, Michael Shannon as Gary Noesner, and John Leguizamo as Robert Rodriguez.

I'm not familiar with the writers or director. The Dowdle brothers (one is also the director) and Salvatore Stabile. All three are also the executive producers.

Anyone think this is going to be accurate depiction of the siege?

GunLink Discussion Forums

New 'Waco' Mini-Series To Begin Filming
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:06:53 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: New 'Waco' Mini-Series To Begin Filming
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
Accurate-ish... from the perspective of whoever's telling the story.  Leguizamo is the only name I recognized there.

Netflix added the PBS documentaries on the OKC bombing and Ruby Ridge.  Unsurprisingly, they have a decidedly sympathetic slant.  Of course, they can't talk about those without mention of the Davidians.

I'll probably watch it.

Offline JulesK

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 02:10:22 AM »
They also put up altered episodes of the original Bill Nye the Science Guy tv show.

I'm looking forward to this. Netflix have been putting some good content out lately.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 03:23:34 PM by JulesK »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »
They also put up altered episodes of the original Bill Nye the Science Guy tv show.