!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: New Walther PPK trigger pull  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Gun Guy

• GunLink Member
New Walther PPK trigger pull
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »
What can be done with the trigger pull with the PPK ? I bought one for my wife, it is awful ! I do not know how they can sell any of them, there is no way my wife can pull it. If I had had a chance to fire one first i would have NEVER bought it.

Any suggestions ?   Gun Guy

GunLink Discussion Forums

New Walther PPK trigger pull
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:40:51 PM »

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Re: New Walther PPK trigger pull
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 11:13:30 PM »
Did they let you dry fire one in the shop? I doubt if there's really much you could do that wouldn't either make it unsafe/unreliable or cost a good chunk of a new gun price. The manual lists DA at 13.4 pounds and SA at over 6 pounds, and I've shot some that feel even harder than that. If it's the .22 model, it's spec'd at almost 18 pounds DA trigger pull. I don't know what the Bersa is listed as, but the DA trigger on those feels a lot less.

Cylinder & Slide will tune it up for a couple hundred bucks https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/CSM334

Wolff makes a kit with 4 different reduced power hammer springs that could make it a little lighter. That might be a good place to start if you're going to stick with this pistol. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1004168689
Muscle memory, "getting used to it", and just breaking it in some, might help. If it's a carry gun for her to protect herself with, the less things to have to worry about or think about if you need it in a hurry the better. If it's not something you think she'll want to deal with, you might just have to see what you can get back out of it and put that toward an easier to use gun.

Offline PorkyPascal

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 11:21:59 PM »
You can't get around PPK/s heavy first trigger pull, it's just how they are. I wouldn't go tinkering with polishing or clipping off spring coils or really even swapping in new springs. If she can't pull it, she should get a different pistol. If you're stuck with it, consider practicing thumbing the hammer back. But that's another move to have to do before shooting - don't carry it with the safety OFF with round in chamber. or "israeli carry" and practice racking the slide before shooting the first round.

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:45:27 PM »
What did you end up doing with the PPK for your wife?