!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: What is your "unicorn gun"?  (Read 6016 times)

Offline masfonos

What is your "unicorn gun"?
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »
I've got to the point where I'm not sure if there are any guns that I'm really lusting after that I don't already have. 

I wouldn't mind having a really nice 1911 or, obviously, some full auto toys.  A good condition Garand would be cool too, but I don't feel like my collection is incomplete without them.

Do you have a "unicorn" gun that you just have to have, no matter how realistic or unrealistic it may be to get it?  That one that you really, really want?  Do you already have your unicorn?  Let's hear about them.

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: December 17, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 05:40:10 AM »
A SIG-226 Tac Ops 9. It's $1100 new, and I have not seen them used for less then 1K so their value drops "Very Little" I recently "Settled" for my first two that I get to keep, a Mosquito 22 and the 250 in 9.....My Shooting Buddy Bought the Full size 320 Yesterday and I can't wait for him to let me run a Mag or two....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 05:42:03 AM by Askdrfootball »

Offline 1slickAR15

Re: What is your "unicorn gun"?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
I want a 50 cal Barrett and a SCAR.

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:17:08 AM »
Naah you don't want a SCAR 1slickAR15

I had the 308 for a sponsored review and the front sight was gone on the 359th round...so back it went...
We had better results with their handguns...

Offline Askdrfootball

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:40:59 AM »

A SIG-226 Tac Ops 9. It's $1100 new, and I have not seen them used for less then 1K so their value drops "Very Little" I recently "Settled" for my first two that I get to keep, a Mosquito 22 and the 250 in 9.....My Shooting Buddy Bought the Full size 320 Yesterday and I can't wait for him to let me run a Mag or two....

Edit: I actually got to "Hold" both the 226(For the 3rd time) and the 227 Tac ops Models..
I understand that due to workmanship and such, is why the price point is whee it is,but $1100 for a duty Gun? My friend just bought a P320,..and for less then half the price....plus it will take the same 17 Rd & 10 Rd( in case I have to travel to kommiefornia) mags for the 250 I just got(Which was an LE trade in( some PD figured out the cost to maintain was too$$$ and must have switched to Shlocks....

Offline 1slickAR15

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 10:00:18 AM »
Thats too bad about the SCAR but it could have been a fluke like maybe someone was working on it and didn't put it back together right.  Was it new from FN?  Have you shot any of the similar ones like the ACR or XCR?

Offline Glockzilla3K

• GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »
I don't know if there is any guns that I want that I don't already have in the safe.

Offline herohog

• marketplace
  • LOCAL Sec/Treasurer & Webmaster
    • Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 12:17:02 PM »
I already had mine, 2 of them in fact. The 9mm Winchester Magnum (9x29mm) AMT AutoMag III

Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Sec/Treasurer, NWLA Area Rep, Webmaster

Offline masfonos

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 05:39:54 PM »
Wow, that's cool!  I've never heard of 9x29.  Can you get new ammo for it?

Are they regular 115-147gr or so 9mm projectiles?

Offline herohog

• marketplace
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:10:13 PM »
Standard 9mm projectiles. While you can buy loaded cartridges they are VERY pricy and someone's hand loads so it's best to roll your own. You can use 9x19 dies and "neck size" them though I had a set of RCBS dies. I have loading data on my site here: http://herohog.com/Guns/9mmWinMag/

PS: The "Brass Mangler" in my sig line comes from setting up 9x19 dies to size Largo and 9mm Winmag brass and ruining a few cases before I had the settings right.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:14:47 PM by herohog »
Speedy
AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"
Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) Sec/Treasurer, NWLA Area Rep, Webmaster

Offline herohog

• marketplace
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 06:12:19 PM »
PS: the .38 Super and 9x23 Winchester, NOT Largo, are better rounds in the real world and are a LOT easier to find guns to shoot them out of.
Speedy

Offline masfonos

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 06:49:45 PM »
How is the fit/feel in your hand with those long rounds?  Are the mags single stack or staggered?  Got any pics of the loaded mags for reference?  Just wondering how those things compare to some of the Desert Eagles for grip size

Offline herohog

• marketplace
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »
How is the fit/feel in your hand with those long rounds?  Are the mags single stack or staggered?  Got any pics of the loaded mags for reference?  Just wondering how those things compare to some of the Desert Eagles for grip size

I have large hands so it's not an issue for me. Those with smaller hands might have issues as it IS a large grip. They are single stack. The same frame, slide and magazine is used to shoot the .30 cal M1 rifle round in the AutoMag III as well.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:33:52 PM by herohog »
Speedy

Offline masfonos

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »
Wow, pretty cool!  Thanks for the info and pics

Offline PorkyPascal

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 11:51:49 PM »
I think my collection could use to grow some more, but I don't have anything in particular that I'm searching for.  Maybe a couple of Gold Cups or really long range guns.