!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Taurus Judge  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Snake Eyes

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Taurus Judge
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »
Looking for opinions either pro/con on the Taurus Judge. I have read many reviews from different
publications,mostly on the + side. Don't compare it to the S&W Governor. I have a shot at
a very nice SS 3" Judge for $375. Almost looks unfired ( I would consider it near new). Actually
as far as condition it is not actually an issue. This would be a house weapon for the better half
and myself.We would both range it,and fire it very little if ever after that  :-\.......   Thoughts
Please.

Snake Eyes

If posted on the improper board.......Please MOD  move and let me know    Thanks    SE   
Erin Go Bragh

GunLink Discussion Forums

Taurus Judge
« on: April 11, 2014, 02:16:47 PM »

Offline Agent0007

• GunLink Member
Re: Taurus Judge
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:44 PM »
Seems like good gun for car or truck, probably ok for home too.  I like a long gun for home better, tho but that's just IMHO.  If u use the right rounds it shouldn't penetrate too much like some guns might.  They won't win a beauty contest tho!

Offline Snake Eyes

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 11:45:29 AM »
         Thank you kindly for your input. I purchased the revolver yesterday along with a box of
Federal 3" #4 buckshot and a box of Hornady .45 Colt 185grn FTX. Have not ranged it
yet.It will be used for the home. I got the 3" Judge and I'll know more when I get it to the
range.I will let you know.   Thanks again.
      Snake Eyes
Erin Go Bragh

Offline Snake Eyes

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
         I got the 3" Judge and I'll know more when I get it to the
range.I will let you know.   Thanks again.
      Snake Eyes
   Well I got it to the range Sat. and was satisfied and surprised with the results.
The 3" 410 shells with 004 buck has 9 shot per round. At 20 feet and with 3 rounds fired I was showing 21 holes in a black, man sized target. More than 1/2 between the shoulders, chest high
or lower. From a 3" barrel I was surprised. The rounds were fired S/A.
   The .45LC, also fired S/A at the same target, but at 20yds also did well. Three shots all in
center black 5 1/2" group. I am sure a better revolver shooter could lessen that by  2+".
   Some may ask why only 3 rounds and quit. Well on the .45LC it was a matter of economics.
At approximately  $1.25 per round I learned what I wanted to know.
  As to the 3" 410s I also found out what I wanted to know. I live in a small two BR flat and at
21' anything in the place can be protected.
  Although I found the Judge to be very comfortable to shoot,at least S/A, which I attribute to the
grips that came with it. On the other hand my wife wanted nothing to do with it, saying she was
quite happy with her .380 auto.(Which I might add she is very proficient with using!)
  To those that are not familiar with the Judge you can load the 410 and 45LC in anyway you
wish.  i.e All 410 or all 45LC or mix and match the five chambers with both.
 Hope I have explained myself. Sometimes I know what I want to say.....but I just don't write it
out plainly. :-[

snake-eyes   
Erin Go Bragh

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »
I believe it to be a good piece in its place. Good where long gun is not maneuverable or aiming difficult, for close range.

I use the first 4 as Winchester PDX1 PD ammo with last one a Remington rifled slug. My version is the 2 1/2" SS. Gifted to me when they first came out.

I usually keep it in a Sticky Holster in the corner of my couch arm next to where I sit, sometimes in the car depending on where I go.

While it isn't a 12ga, it will certainly give them something else to think about besides you.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.