!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Howdy from Arizona Territory  (Read 2229 times)

Offline AmericanIcon

• marketplace
Howdy from Arizona Territory
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:16 AM »
Suppose I should've parked my first post here, but some of the topics pushed some of my buttons.

Most folks know me as Duke, or as the Membership Director for both the Arizona Citizens Defense League ( AZCDL.org ) and Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership ( JPFO.org ).  I have a few firearms of my own, am competent with a lot more, and enjoy a good discussion about any firearm-related topic...especially if we can keep it on topic and discuss it like adults.  I was honorably discharged from the Marine Corps (a long time ago), saw it 'up close and personal' in Nam, worked in a few gun shops and managed one, and having been 'involuntarily retired' the last two years, have spent a fair amount of time as an amateur Constitutional scholar.  I've put that to use a few times at the national Mensa conventions (and one international one) presenting on the Declaration, Constitution, and Bill of Rights, with audiences ranging from wild-eyed 'Libertarians' to people who think Chicago politics are 'perfect'.

I've run for state office twice, in a heavily 'liberal' district (with the expected - by everyone else - result), and found that at least as much can be accomplished 'behind the scenes' as on the floor of the House or Senate, if you have a few good people who did get elected, earn their trust, and give them the facts and figures, and help them write their bills.

I earned my 'political spurs' helping elect Jack Kennedy, who was a little more conservative than recent 'Republican' presidential candidates, switched allegiance when Goldwater ran, and never looked back.  My positions on just about everything haven't changed, but I've seen the political landscape in this country shift tectonically, appallingly left to the point that without moving, I'm now considered slightly to the right of Genghis Khan (but it's OK - it may be a little lonely sometimes, but I like it here).

That should about cover the 'high points' - good to be here, hope to contribute.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Howdy from Arizona Territory
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:16 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Howdy from Arizona Territory
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 02:30:56 PM »
Hi, AI.  Nice to see new faces around the forum.