!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Springfield Armory XDS .45 Guns Of The 111th  (Read 3263 times)

Offline GunsOfThe111th

• marketplace
Springfield Armory XDS .45 Guns Of The 111th
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »
Hey everyone. Peyton from the Guns Of The 111th here.
Here is our video of the Springfield Armory XDS in .45
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOp09i-fzIQ[/youtube]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:31:31 PM by GunsOfThe111th »
www.gunsofthe111th.com
Facebook.com/gunsofthe111th
Twitter.com/gunsofthe111th

GunLink Discussion Forums

Springfield Armory XDS .45 Guns Of The 111th
« on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:14 PM »

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Springfield Armory XDS .45 Guns Of The 111th
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
Thanks for posting the review, guys.  We got a chance to handle and shoot the Springfield XDS at SHOT Show 2012 and thought it was a great little pistol.  It was natural to shoot and it put the rounds where we wanted them to go right from the first shot.

We didn't get a chance to shoot any more than a magazine or two while there, but the recoil didn't seem all that bad, especially for a .45 in such a relatively small package.  How many rounds did you end up shooting?  Does it get to be a bit much after a longer shooting session?

What are your thoughts on an XDS vs something like a 5- or 6-shot revolver chambered in .357MAG or .45ACP with moonclips?  It's slimness would be a plus if you wanted to concealed-carry IWB.

Offline GunsOfThe111th

• marketplace
Re: Springfield Armory XDS .45 Guns Of The 111th
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »
Thats last part is actually a great question. Because right after this we did a Smith & Wesson .357 Nightguard and I loved it. My written review is now on my site too.  http://www.gunsofthe111th.com 

The summary of it is that while it's a great gun for my buddy Josh. It's not for me. I had problems getting the grip safety to disengauge for a few shots. You can see that on the video between the magazine change. I am going to stick with XDM. It just fits my style a little better.
www.gunsofthe111th.com
Facebook.com/gunsofthe111th
Twitter.com/gunsofthe111th