!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Middle Schools Offering Firearm Safety  (Read 1366 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Middle Schools Offering Firearm Safety
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
I saw a recent article that some school districts in SD and IA will be offering firearm safety courses in the middle schools as part of physical education.  However, no firearms of any sort will be used or handled in the class - it will be all computer based.

Even with this knowledge, some parents still think it’s inappropriate and don’t want their kids to participate.

What are you thoughts?  I think it should start younger with really basic concepts, like don’t touch it. And then progress, with parental consent, to actually handling firearms.  Maybe pellet guns or air rifles for safety concerns? Marksmanship used to be taught in schools and I think we would have fewer problems in schools if kids truly understood the power behind the weapons.

https://www.ksfy.com/content/news/South-Dakota-Iowa-add-firearm-safety-courses-to-middle-school-curriculum-503086631.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunLink Discussion Forums

Middle Schools Offering Firearm Safety
« on: December 18, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Middle Schools Offering Firearm Safety
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 02:36:27 PM »
If they didn't have names like NRA or NSSF attached to them, there would probably be almost universal support for programs like Eddie Eagle or Project Child Safe.

What is really needed is parenting and stable homes. Instead too many parents dump their kids at school and expect them to be babysat all day and fed 2-3 meals a day until the bell rings and they can be babysat by their phones. Schools are churning out fat stupid kids as fast as they can with no accountability and, really, no mechanism or incentive to be accountable. On an Earth where kids get expelled for gun shaped pop tarts, I expect this idea to go over like a turd in a punch bowl.