!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: USCCA Starts Tomorrow  (Read 2031 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
USCCA Starts Tomorrow
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »
The annual USCCA Expo has some classes and a short exhibit time today. Saturday and Sunday are the two full days of the actual show in Louisville, KY this year.  Is anyone else going this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunLink Discussion Forums

USCCA Starts Tomorrow
« on: April 13, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »

Offline MutantMaker

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: USCCA Starts Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »
I made it out to Louisville for the show. It was nice. There were a lot of women-geared products this year. I also got to fire the new Sig 365. Not entirely sure what I did wrong but I managed to lock the slide back while firing. While it felt great in my hands and didn’t have bad recoil, I was kinda disappointed. It had more recoil than i expected.

It seems like there were a lot of off body carry options ring displayed.  Is this normal?

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:14:44 PM »
I made it out to Louisville for the show. It was nice. There were a lot of women-geared products this year. I also got to fire the new Sig 365. Not entirely sure what I did wrong but I managed to lock the slide back while firing. While it felt great in my hands and didn’t have bad recoil, I was kinda disappointed. It had more recoil than i expected.

It seems like there were a lot of off body carry options ring displayed.  Is this normal?

I think all accessories are the trend right now. Holsters for on body carry have kinda hit a point where there isn’t a whole lot separating many companies other than quality. And there’s only so many places to carry on the body. As for off body carry, women tend to carry purses so there’s always going to be a market for that and there’s a need to be able to carry off body for many situations, such as in an office. I think we’re going to see a lot more companies popping up with off body carry options as well as light weight armor (think bullet proof backpacks) options. The more discreet the better.

I personally enjoy the overall feel of smaller shows like this. The people working the booths (especially when it’s consumer vs industry shows) tend to me more excited about their products and able to spend more time talking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:13 PM »
It was a nice show but a LOT smaller than the NRA show, maybe a quarter of the size. A few major gun manufacturers (Glock, Sig, Ruger, Walther), some smaller gun makers, and a lot of accessory makers and service providers (training, carry insurance, Front Sight pyramid scheme resellers, etc).  Alan Gottleib from 2A Foundation was there, so it was cool to get to meet him and talk about what kind of cases they are working on.

I got to shoot the Sig P365 also in the indoor range that they had set up. I shot a tight group at 9 o'clock of my POA, but we only got five shots out of a pistol that was being treated pretty roughly, so I don't know if it was me or the gun. It didn't feel like a lot of recoil, but I noticed that I had to readjust my grip after the first shot. I'd been considering getting one, so it was nice to get to shoot it. It wasn't as impressive as I hoped it would be, so I'll have to think about it some more.

I wouldn't fly anywhere for this show, or even drive a long way, but if it's close again, I'd probably go. NRA is back in Indy next year and has a lot more companies exhibiting, so I'll hold out for that one. It's good to see competition at the trade show level and good to see companies doing well enough to get out and fly their flags. I talked to a few of them and they said it's been rough with MSM and social media stuff going on, banks not wanting to work with gun related companies, etc.