!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Response to Parkland  (Read 2385 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Response to Parkland
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
To me, at least, it feels like the response to this particular shooting is different. I don’t quite know how to put it into words, because the typical debate points are being addressed from both sides. The media is doing what it always does, acting like nothing else in the news. The left still blame the guns, don’t know what they’re talking about, and they don’t care to educate themselves. The right is still pushing for more on the mental health side and harsher punishments. Both seem to be on board for background checks now, but a lot of things had to fail for this shooting to happen - At the local and federal levels. And it feels like no one wants to take blame for the creation of this monster. So maybe part of it is because the failure of government to protect us was showcased so well?

I don’t think it’s the kids being outrageously outraged and being plastered everywhere with questionable funding. I think the shooters age has something to do with it, but he isn’t the first in his age group to do it.

Maybe it’s because we have a POTUS that actually gets stuff done and he has made his trademarked outrageous comments on the issue? Maybe because the Republicans are still caving to the Democrats in Congress? Or maybe I just don’t trust the NRA to stand firm anymore?

Anyone else have thoughts on the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunLink Discussion Forums

Response to Parkland
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
Re: Response to Parkland
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »
To me, at least, it feels like the response to this particular shooting is different.
I think so too. They're really pushing hard after this attack. They didn't make as much noise after the Pulse club attack or the Las Vegas attack but they are going all out this time.

I don’t think it’s the kids being outrageously outraged and being plastered everywhere with questionable funding.
That's exactly what it is. A handful of photogenic, loud mouthed SJW kids that don't know what they're talking about being the squeaky wheel to push for gun control tugs at heartstrings. "It's for the children!"

Maybe because the Republicans are still caving to the Democrats in Congress? Or maybe I just don’t trust the NRA to stand firm anymore?
When have the "republicans" ever had much of a backbone and not caved? Decades of compromise got us the bad laws we have now that aren't even being enforced. The NRA has a history of compromise on gun control too, but where else can you turn? They are obviously the big stick in this fight and antigun people are scared of them.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:41:29 PM »
The LGBT crowd at Pulse would have made good victim fodder for MSM coverage, but it was "non-existent" "lone wolf" islamic terrorism so they couldn't push hard after that even though it was the worst attack of its kind since 9-11 at the time. A bunch of rednecks at a country music festival in Las Vegas doesn't play well with the MSM narrative either even though that became the new worst attack of its kind since 9-11.

Can't cover Sutherland Springs because it showcases "GARBAGE IN, GARBAGE OUT" with the NICS system and that the system would work if the stooges in charge would use it correctly. This loser in Parkland is similar, but the victims being "children" outweighs the fact that the system failed again and that the laws in place or, at least, effective law enforcement could have stopped it. They conveniently had a whole narrative for the Parkland kids to spout off about gun control and a huge amount of financial/infrastructure support from *somewhere* to spread their BS message. The one girl went from zero to having a 3 day old blue-checkmark verified twitter account with a few million followers. Right.  ::) And they rounded up 3+ million bucks to "march for their lives" from a handful of pretty big donations from... totally grassroots donors.   ::) Yet when confronted with facts (like with Dana Loesch) they just stammer around and fall back to the talking points that they've been fed regardless of how nonsensical they are.

These parents and kids didn't say a peep last year when there were 679 homicides and 3561 people shot in chicago. They didn't have anything to say the year before that when there were 808 homicides in that once city with 4380 people shot. This is in the "best" gun control city in the US but the criminals are running rampant, but when their city reaches 2% of that number they have to get to the bottom of it and do something about it most ricky tick with some new federal gun control.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:56:18 PM by masfonos »

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »
Speaking of ignorance from the Parkland mouthpieces:

Parkland student: 2nd Amendment “is a great defense that I’ve seen a lot. Because they put it as if you’re attacking a right that they’re born with.”

Bill Maher: “It is, if you’re an American.”

You know you're way out of your lane if that moron has to correct you on 2A.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/03/parkland-student-brags-he-hung-up-on-trump-white-house-call-while-classmate-drops-f-bomb-on-tv

Go to 6:50...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsKMie6M94[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcsKMie6M94

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:25:14 AM »
Wow. That Bill Maher thing was interesting. You’re right, you know you’re way far out in left field somewhere if he has to correct you. Probably not even in the ball park.

It still feels like it’s more than just the children. Just a couple weeks before was the shooting in Kentucky. he only killed, what 2 people? not 17. Is it really the number of casualties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TheHarleyB

• GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »
Who knows. It doesn't make any sense.

They're going after bumpstocks but they weren't used in ANYTHING other than the Las Vegas attack. They talked a little about them then but they didn't push for that until after this latest attack. Used in one terror attack, so something legally owned by tens of thousands of Americans has to be banned? Why bumpstocks?

They're talking about age 21 for guns, but almost all of these killers are 21+ years
Newtown: 21.
Sutherland Spring: 26.
We still hardly know anything about the Vegas attack but the guy that they said did it: 64!
Pulse attacker: 29.
Charelston church: 23.
The two muslims that shot up the Christmas party (in CALIFORNIA): 27 and 28.
Fort Hood: 47.
Why age 21?

Children died at Sandy Hook. How many of those chicago murders were minors? Why sudden push to put kids on TV with millions in donations and help from social sites and news?

None of it makes sense.