!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: ABKT Phantom Spector knife  (Read 1990 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
ABKT Phantom Spector knife
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »
ABKT Phantom Spector knife review - from June 2017 Tac-Pack Subscription Box Review

The ABKT Tactical Phantom Spector knife was another one of those hole-in-the-head type items in this box.  I have drawers full of knives.  I'm actually not even supposed to buy any more knives because, apparently, I "have too many."   ::)  Whatever.  So this was a nice end-run around that little household rule. 

The Phantom Spector came out of the box plenty sharp to shave some hair (and skin). 

It's another Chinese knife, but they aren't doing too awfully bad with their steels these days.  The 8CR13MOV blade is supposed to perform pretty similarly to AUS8 in that it should sharpen easily to a good edge, keep that edge for a while, and be fairly corrosion resistant.  The ABKT website says it has anodized handles, but the scales feel like plastic to me. 

It is a fairly hefty knife for what it is, close to 9" with the tanto blade open, and a bit of weight to it. 

It opens fast - about as fast as a lot of my assisted opening knives even though it isn't spring assisted.  The blade apparently opens on ball bearings and flips out fast after you overcome the detent.  It should make a good beater knife that one wouldn't be worried about using too hard or shed too many tears over if you lost it.  I wonder how well the bearings will hold up after getting wet, soaked with kerosene, dropped in the dirt, and suffering various other fates that working knives endure. 

GunLink Discussion Forums

ABKT Phantom Spector knife
« on: November 25, 2017, 05:31:16 PM »