!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Gun Shows on Netflix  (Read 46080 times)

Offline masfonos

Gun Shows on Netflix
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »
I noticed that there a fair number of shows about guns and military stuff on Netflix so, yesterday, I went through and added a bunch of them to my instant queue.

If you've already watched the shows and have your own review, if I missed some shows that are on netflix but you think I should check out, etc post go ahead and post them here.

Some of the gun shows that I've already added are:

Black Ops Brother: Howe & Howe Tech - not all about guns, but it looks like they do something with guns pretty often.

Remington Under Fire - CNBC's hit piece on the rem 700

Future Weapons - I watched a few of these on TV, this is the show with the Navy SEAL that whispers enthusiastically about awesome weapons

Weaponology - Some Military Channel show about the history of weapons.

Weapon Masters - High-speed camera show that pits modern weapons against ancient ones.

Ultimate Weapons - Another Mil Channel show about modern weapons

Sons of Guns - Red Jacket Firearms show about some gunsmiths in Louisiana. I've already watched all the episodes on Netflix and some of them from TV.

Modern Sniper - I guess this is a show about snipers. Modern snipers. Looks like there are four episodes: Army, Marines, Coast Guard and Advanced Sniper.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:59:33 PM by masfonos »

GunLink Discussion Forums

Gun Shows on Netflix
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Gun Shows on Netflix
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
Well, shows come and go from the netflix selection but there are still a lot / most of them available.  I'm finally getting a chance to watch American Guns.  I think I like it better than Sons of Guns.  The stuff they build isn't as crazy what they do on SoG, but the people seem more... normal.  I like the gunsmithing/machining work better too.

Sons of Guns is a fun show.  It started out OK but went downhill with too much BS about their personal lives and drama.  I usually watch it in the background while I'm doing something else so I can ignore that stuff and pay attention when they're doing gun stuff.  Some of their projects are pretty cool and off the wall while most of what I've seen on American Guns is is mainly just cool guns, customization and "regular" gunsmith work.  And as far as "girls of gun shows" go... the eye candy on American Guns wins hands down over Sons of Guns!   ;D

I'm almost through all of the AG episodes that I have - what should I watch next?

Offline bangbangclick

• Hoosier Daddy
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »
Modern snipers was good.  Didn't like sons of guns thanks to all of the drama like you say.  I'm not a big reality show fan though I prefer a good shootemup.

Bazinga

Offline masfonos

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
Finished American Guns. Final verdict is that it was pretty good and I hope they add new seasons soon.

I also blew through the few episodes of "Combat Cash" that were up. I thought it would be better than what it was, but it sucked. The people on it weren't very entertaining, the stuff they were buying and selling wasn't tremendously interesting and I just didn't' care for it in general. It's a discovery channel show about a couple of guys that own a vintage surplus/pawn/antique shop where they spend more time playing dress up, riding bicycles and jumping out of planes than showing cool stuff.
Will watch modern snipers next.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:06:25 PM by masfonos »

Offline JammGear

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
    • Best of the best tactical gear and boots
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
I've been slacking on my NetFliks watching After tax season it's on.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

http://jammgear.com/
http://tacticalfl.com

Offline masfonos

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
Ugh... tax season.  I've been plugging through some of the shows when I get a chance.  Some of it isn't specifically about guns but is probably interesting to people that like guns.  I watched the thing about armored cars, a couple of sniper shows and some military channel shows.  Apparently I watch a lot of shows with guns in them by chance because I'm always getting on IMFDB to figure out what they are when I spot them.

Offline Lecompp84

• GunLink Member
    • Andy Yeatman
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 04:10:21 AM »
Woah! Interesting post. I do like such shows but right now, I am busy watching shows by Andy Yeatman with my kids and therefore, I cannot watch such shows. However, I have saved this post and will also share with my friends and cousins. I can watch it later.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:38:23 AM by GunLink »