!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: What is wrong with Keltec? Pee drinking?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline masfonos

What is wrong with Keltec? Pee drinking?
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:51:21 AM »
C'mon, man!

I finally got a chance to thumb through some of my NRA magazines that have accumulated and found this ad from Keltec. Apparently their products (or at least the RDB) are for people who drink pee. lol wtf were they thinking?!

GunLink Discussion Forums

What is wrong with Keltec? Pee drinking?
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:51:21 AM »

Offline DieselDude

• marketplace
  • GunLink Member
Re: What is wrong with Keltec? Pee drinking?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 11:47:36 AM »
Is it the April 1 issue already?

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 04:53:53 PM »
Not even a joke... I've seen it in a few different mags since then. Probably percent of gun owners are into the "survival" thing somewhat. Some even smaller percent of of that group probably understands that you might have to drink piss in an pinch. Then there's like six dudes that are like "hell yeah, Keltec gets me! I'm buying an RDB!"

I still don't know if I should chuckle or just shake my head.  So far it's mostly been a lot of both everytime I see it.

Offline GunLink_SHOT_18

• SHOT Show 2018 Coverage
  • Global Moderator
  • marketplace
  • SHOT Show 2018 Coverage
    • GunLink SHOT Coverage
Re: Kel-Tec RDB Survival Bullpup Rifle Pee Drinking Ad Campaign
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
I think they're just now starting to push the Survival model of RDB, but it's been around a while. Last year at SHOT Show Range Day, they forgot to get it out of the box until just before the day was over.  Our team was the first to get to shoot it at the range and, given how close it was to the end of the day, not many others probably had a chance to get trigger time on it.

GunLink Blog: First Look: KelTec RDB Survival Bullpup Rifle

Kel-Tec at SHOT Show 2017 Industry Day at the Range

It is a neat little package for a neat little rifle, but I never would have dreamed that they would run an ad campaign like this for it!

As a side note, some of the other Kel-Tec products that we saw at SHOT Show 2017 are starting to hit mainstream shelves.  The shop that we work with always seems to have good luck getting in a variety of the rarer Kel-Tec products and the latest is the KSG-25 also shown in the GunLink Blog post.

Message me to see your company here during our 2018 Show coverage!

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 05:50:07 PM »
I think it's supposed to be funny, but all I can think of is what's-his-name Grylls. Now I can't even take the ad as a joke.

Offline ddanno

• GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:08 AM »
Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to survive. I would not do it if I didn't have to but if it was the only way to survive I would. If I was in a situation like that I would want to have a good gun with me too. Even though I would already have at least one hand gun on me anyway a short packable 5.56mm rifle could be very useful for defense or hunting. A bigger round would be better for some certain situations but 5.56mm is a versatile round.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »
You might have to cut off your arm like the 127 Hours guy too. I don’t think “WORKS GREAT FOR SEVERING HUMAN ARMS!” would be a good ad campaign for Gerber, Kershaw, etc.