!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: The Walther P22 Bible  (Read 49328 times)

Offline masfonos

The Walther P22 Bible
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »
Walther P22 Bible

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Walther P22 but were afraid to ask!

After some hiccups with my 10/22 magazine recently, I was perusing rimfire central to find the magazine cleaning guide.  That made me think of another piece of invaluable information compiled from RFC:  The Walther P22 Bible.  The P22 Bible is a compilation of posts from a user going by the handle of 1917_1911M on that forum and it has just about every bit of information you could hope to find about this great little .22LR pistol from disassembling and cleaning to modifications and improvements.

Hosted the P22 Bible PDF download - GunLink

1917_1911M has given permission to distribute this and has also pointed out to me that there are several new threads, including one regarding his new breech block mod, in the RFC Walther forum.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:49:07 AM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

The Walther P22 Bible
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »

Offline 1slickAR15

Re: The Walther P22 Bible
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:46:05 AM »
i've never owned a p22 but i shot a buddy's a couple times.  they are a lot of fun but it jammed a little bit.  i'd like to get one; that might be a future purchase if i get the $$$

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
1917_1911M did a great job with that document; there's a ton of useful information in there.

1slickAR15, if you get the money for one, I recommend getting one.  They're great fun and super cheap to shoot all day long.  Some of them jam sometimes but it can generally be corrected.  I've found that jamming, failure to feed and stovepipes are usually caused by one of three things that are pretty common with these pistols:

1. Just being too dirty.  Lots of people don't clean their 22 caliber firearms as much as they clean other weapons for some reason.  Most 22 ammo is pretty dirty to begin with so you end up with a lot of fouling from the burning powder that can slow up the action

2. Cheap ammo.  Aside from being even dirtier than other 22 ammo (cheap ammo builds up carbon fouling extra fast), you often get inconsistent (or consistently weak) loads.  This is particularly the case with bulk ammo like Remington Golden Bullets.  In some lots, you can shoot a magazine of ammo and actually hear the difference in what the shots sound like (pop, bang, POP, pffft, POP, etc.).  Spending a few extra bucks on ammo can clear up a lot of problems.

3. Not holding the pistol firmly enough.  I've found the P22 to be especially sensitive to "limp wristing" it, which can cause a lot of stovepipes.  I had that problem when I first got mine.  Maybe it's because it's such a little gun that you think it's delicate or something and don't hold it firmly enough.  "Limp wristing" it causes the slide and action not to cycle properly and can cause it to jam.

Give it another shot with that stuff in mind and you should have a lot of fun with a P22.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »
Cleaned up images and links

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:19:28 AM »
The PDF was down for a few days due to the file not being put back in place after the server upgrades.

If you were looking for it and couldn't find it, try again now. 'Thank You' to the visitor who pointed it out to us.