General Category > NSSF SHOT Show

The 2017 SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range January 16, 2017

(1/2) > >>

GunLink:

2017 SHOT Show
Industry Day at the Range
Januay 16, 2017
Boulder City, NV

TargetDate = "1/16/2017 05:30 AM"; BackColor = ""; ForeColor = "green"; CountActive = true; CountStepper = -1; LeadingZero = true; DisplayFormat = "%%D%% Days %%H%% Hours"; FinishMessage = "SHOT Show Range Day is finally here!";

It's that time of year again:  SHOT Show 2017 is fast approaching and with it comes SHOT Show Range Day - the opportunity for industry members and media to go hands-on with the newest firearms from all of the biggest manufacturers (and many you might not have heard of).

The SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range organizers have another great range day lined up with tons of great exhibitors showcasing their wares and we can't wait to go check them all out.  Be sure to let us know which exhibitors you are most interested in and we will be sure to cover them and get answers to any questions you might have.

5.11Action TargetAero PrecisionAguila Ammunition/TxATAimpoint, Inc.American GunfighterAmerican TacticalAngel ArmorArmaliteAscendance IntlAshbury Precision Ordnance, Mfg.AWC SilencersAxiom Aiming SolutionsBallistic AdvantageBarrettBarrett SovereignBattle Arms Development, Inc.BenelliBenjaminBeretta USABergara USABig & JBLACKHAWK!Blaser USABrowningBushnellButler CreekCAACaldwell Shooting SuppliesCaracal USACCICenterPoint CrossbowsCentury ArmsChamber-View, LLCChampionCivilian Marksmanship ProgramCMC Triggers CorpCMMG IncCobalt KineticsColt’s Manufacturing Co.Crimson TraceCrosman CorporationCustom Ear ProtectionDaniel DefenseDark Storm IndustriesDead AirDiamondback FirearmsDoubleStar Corp.Edge Tactical EyewearEMF Company, Inc.EOTechERGO GripsEuropean American ArmoryFederal Premium AmmunitionFirst TacticalFN America, LLCFranchiFranklin ArmoryFreedom HuntersGearfire.comGeissele AutomaticsGerman Sport GunsGLOCK, Inc.GoProHS PrecisionHailey Ordnance CompanyHeckler & KochHeritage Manufacturing, Inc.High Performance Firearms LLCHiperfireHipertouchHogue IncHonor DefenseHunter ElectronicHoppesInceptor AmmunitionInland Manufacturing, LLCIWI US, Inc.Kalashnikov-USAKel-Tec CNC Industries, IncKimberKinetic IndustriesKRISS USALancerLegacy Sports International, Inc.LeupoldLucas Oil Outdoor ProductsLewis Machine and Toolmaglula Ltd.Magtech AmmunitionMantisMauserMcMillan FirearmsMechanix WearMINOX Sports OpticsMy Service RifleMyTopo, a Trimble CompanyNational Firearm Dealer NetworkNational Shooting Sports FoundationNcSTARNexus AmmunitionNissanOptical DynamicsOtis TechnologyPeltor SportPerformance Plus OutdoorsPolyCase Ammunition LLCPOMAPuma KnivesRam TruckRavin CrossbowsRCBSRigbyRio AmmunitionRISE ArmamentRock Island ArmoryRocky Mountain Elk FoundationRossiRuger AmmunitionRuger FirearmsSakoSARSILMAZ SILAH SANAYISauerSavage ArmsSchmidt & BenderSeek Thermal, Inc.SensightShepherd ScopesSilencerCoSling GuySlip 2000Smith & WessonSOG  Specialty Knives & ToolsSpeerSpringfield ArmorySSI (Sighting System Instruments)Standard Mfg. Co. LLCStevensStoegerSTI InternationalStrategic Armory CorpsStreamlight Inc.SuperfeetSurgeon RiflesSwaggerSwarovski Optik North America LimitedTactical SolutionsTanfoglioTASER InternationalTaurus HoldingsTetra Gun CareThompson Center ArmsTrackingPoint IncTriumph SystemsTROYUbertiUltimate Training MunitionsUltra ClipUmarex USAUTAS-USAVG6 PrecisionVortex OpticsW.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Co.WalkersWalther ArmsWarn Scope MountsWarrior. Co LLCWeaver OpticsWeihrauchWildEarWilkinson TacticalWinchester AmmunitionWinchester Repeating ArmsYankee Hill MachineYETI CoolersZenith Firearms & ZQI Ammunition

Stick with the GunLink family of sites leading up to the 2017 SHOT Show to stay up to date on what you can expect to see at the show and keep a close eye on the GunLink Forums, GunLink Blog, and GunLink social media feeds all through the show so you don't miss a thing!

LivingDeadGirl:
What kind of products is everyone interested in seeing?

LivingDeadGirl:
I finally was able to get some hands-on experience with the EAA Witness Pavona. The Pavona is a "girl" version of the EAA Witness. The pistol is overall smaller, with larger groves on the slide to aid in manipulating the slide, and a lighter recoil. Unfortunately, EAA did not have the original Witness on the line for me to handle both side by side. However, the Pavona did fit wonderfully in my hand. The slide was easy to grab and rack. While shooting, the trigger pull was easy and had a nice, short reset. The recoil was barely noticeable and my follow thru made it very easy to call my shots and to be consistent between shots. This year's Industry Day was a bit chilly with high winds, and my hands did not hurt after shooting it.

Overall, I really enjoyed this pistol. With a MSRP of about $400, this is a reasonable pistol for any lady to carry. It comes in three calibers: .380, 9 mm and .40.  EAA also has a line of concealed carry purses with holsers that were designed for these pistols. They also have a purse insert that will turn any purse into a concealed carry purse. My only reservation about the pistol is the color options. It has five color options: black, sapphire (blue), imperial (purple), fandango (pink), and charcoal. While that does not seem extreme and may even seem reasonable, they all have glitter. All have silver glitter, but the black option has a a choice of silver or gold glitter. I personally am not a fan of the looks of the pistol, but it functions better than most pistols that actually feel comfortable in my hands.

LivingDeadGirl:
I also got to handle the new Walther Creed. In general, I like Walther products. They handle great, are easy to use, and I don't have to do anything special to hit the target (I'm right handed, but left eye dominate). The Creed was still easy to handle and shoot, but it was a little too large for me. I needed to readjust my hands after every shot. However, when you are short and have small hands, this is expected for most rifles and handguns.  It is so common, that I hardly notice anymore. In fact, it was so noticeable this time that the head GunLink guy described me as a "holding a large grapefruit" while handling the Creed. The CCP may be a better option for the smaller shooter.

LivingDeadGirl:
If you're looking for a different way to practice target acquisition skills, check out the Pop Packs from Triumph Systems. These are small packs that come in three colors and labeled with different shapes and numbers. The packs are filled with a paint-like substance that is water soluble, like finger paints for kids. Packs are 5" x 3.5" and enough paint in them to make the packs about 1.5" thick and small enough that you have to be accurate. What makes these fun is when you hit the target just right or enough times, the packet explodes neon green, yellow or pink. It is highly visible, and you know the instant that the target was engaged. It is extremely satisfying to see that paint go splattering. With three colors, three shapes, and three numbers, there are a lot of options to drill yourself and practice target acquisition.

The paint has some traveling distance. Shooting on a handgun range, I am positive that some paint got in my hair and got on my paint legs. Even so, it was extremely fun. At a MSRP of $19 for 12 packs, this is an easy and affordable option for many people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version