General Category > NSSF SHOT Show

The 2016 SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range January 18, 2016

<< < (3/4) > >>

GunLink_SHOT_16:
Kriss was at SHOT Show Range Day to show off some of their new offerings in the Vector line.

This includes the 9mm variant to complement the .45ACP original model.

In addition to the new chambering, the Gen 2 version of the vector is now available, including the "Enhanced" version - which comes with the square barrel shroud that matches the aesthetics of the overall Vector design, Magpul flip-up sights and RVG, Kriss's own M4 stock adapter and Defiance M4 stock, handstop, and Combat Gray Ceracoating.

The Vector is also soon to be available from the factory in a pistol configuration with KRISS's own pistol arm brace, for those that want the SBR looks without the hassle and expense of the SBR stamp.

GunLink_SHOT_16:
SHOT Show Range Day on the GunLink Blog

heavy:

--- Quote from: GunLink_SHOT_16 on January 20, 2016, 12:38:45 AM ---Long known for their fine bolt-action rifles and 1911 pistols, Kimber is carving a path into new territory:  the revolver market. 

Enter the Kimber K6s 2″ .357 revolver.  Even with a relatively hefty 9.5+ pound DAO trigger, the K6s was a smooth shooter thanks to its clean-breaking, non-stacking trigger.  The 6-round recessed cylinder is the smallest one available in the .357 Magnum chambering.  The stainless frame features an enclosed hammer, smooth lines, and rounded edges, all of which make it a good snag-free choice for concealment.  It seems to be a solidly built revolver, but its stainless construction lends itself to a 23 ounce weight empty – more than twice that of a S&W AirLite. 

H 4.46″ L 6.62″ W 1.39″.

--- End quote ---

Who was it that wanted another 1.5 pound .357 revolver that prompted Kimber to make this?  They make nice guns but this seems about 30 years late to the game.  It looks good.  Maybe a safe queen for someone with lots of extra dough.

LivingDeadGirl:
Im not sure what made them decide to get into revolvers. The trigger pull is something like 9.5 lb which made me feel like i was doing something wrong because it took so long to fire. After the first shot i was good, but i had to take my ring off because it hurt my hand.

GunLink_SHOT_16:

--- Quote from: GunLink_SHOT_16 on January 18, 2016, 10:47:34 PM ---Check out a few of the many, many pics from range day at http://gunl.ink/QWhto

More to come

--- End quote ---

That fun looking rifle that our female shooter is using is part of the FN Military Collection. The FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of M249 SAW. Unlike the original with the "fun" trigger, this one operates from a closed bolt position. It is chambered in 5.56 x 45 mm NATO and it can use magazines or linked ammunition belts.

Fortunately, FN had a representative that loaded the belts of ammo for us. All we had to do was get into prone position and pull the trigger. It was easy to shoot and fun. Both members of GunLink had absolutely no problem hitting the target, which we are guessing was at 100 yards.

Even more exciting, after shooting the M249S, we got to roll over to the fully automatic version which what our female shooter is shown shooting here. Everyone walked away with a smile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version