!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Store Bans Veterans from Buying Firearms  (Read 3193 times)

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Store Bans Veterans from Buying Firearms
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
Shared with us via Rook Defense on Twitter.  Read this letter from Kelli and Tom Oliverez about how they were denied their firearms purchase and permanently banned from buying firearms at the Joint Base Lewis McChord PX in Washington State.  After being told that there was no limit, the couple was told that they were banned for "buying too many firearms."

On November 29, 2014, my husband Tom and I were permanently banned from buying firearms at the Post exchange on Joint Base Lewis McChord in Washington state.  We went there in hopes of taking advantage of an incredible sale on firearms.  Not only were the firearms tax free as a benefit of my current military enlistment, but they were offering 15% off all firearms.  In preparation for the sale, my wife and I went to the Post Exchange two weeks prior to the day of the sale.  Our purpose at that time was to special order specific firearms we’ve been wanting for the past couple years, but could never justify purchasing.  The helpful staff members John and Amanda assured us that the firearms we ordered would be set aside when they arrived and ready for pick up on the day of the sale November 29 at the discounted price.

When the store manager finally met with us, he stated that “the store” could not sell me the firearms.  When asked why the store could not sell me the firearms, he, with also much deflection, stated that because of the amount of firearms I was purchasing, the store could not sell me the firearms.  My husband and I were absolutely dumbfounded. I had specifically asked the staff two weeks ago if there was a limit to the sale and they there was not.  In order to take full advantage of the amazing sale, I had excitedly ordered 10 firearms.  I then asked the store manager if I purchased less today, could the store then sell me the firearms.  He said no, neither one of us could purchase any firearms.  He offered us $40 in gift certificates for having to spend over four hours in line waiting.  Flabberghasted, we accepted the certificates and thanked him for his effort to fix the situation.  We were then told that both my husband and I could never purchase firearms at the Post Exchange on Joint Base Lewis McChord.  We were permanently banned.

Read More...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:35:18 PM by GunLink »

GunLink Discussion Forums

« on: December 01, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »

Offline Uncle Buck

Re: Store Bans Veterans from Buying Firearms
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 11:43:31 PM »
Something seems fishy with this one.  AAFES is all about the money.
  If anyone gets any further updates to this, please post it.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »
There is an update on the page

Upon further inquiry, it was discovered that Roy, the individual that Katrina had identified as the store manager, was not actually the store manager.  We found out he is actually the cashier supervisor instead.  When we met Roy, he had very specifically identified himself as the store manager.  I had directly asked to speak with the store manager and they lied right to our face.  We intend to follow up further with the actual store manager and will update with more information.

Who knows.  More guns = more fun, so hopefully they end up with them.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »

Offline Uncle Buck

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 03:08:41 PM »
Thanks.
 It has been awhile since I bought a lot of guns at one time.  The store has the right to refuse to sell to anyone and I can understand this.  (Look at Fast and furious)
  Either way, when the purchase is made, the ATF questionnaire is filled out and called in.  If it raises a red flag, I can understand the "Do not Sell".  But this was a situation in which the store definitely overstepped it's bounds the the "manager/cashier" needs to be cashiered and out looking for a new job.

If he still works at AAFES, I would make it a point to smile and say hello to him every time I walked in the store.