!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Re-emerging Diseases  (Read 1215 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re-emerging Diseases
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »
I'm sure everyone has at least heard of the measles epidemic that started last year. In the just the U.S., there's ~180 cases over 17 states, most of which can be traced back to Disneyland in California. This year alone, there's ~1300 cases worldwide. There's also a mumps outbreak in the US, as well as whopping cough. It hasn't been found here yet, but some countries in the pacific islands north of Australia are seeing rubella cases.

All of these are vaccine preventable diseases. Despite multiple studies showing that vaccines do not lead to autism and the original paper that lead to this being thrown out, people still believe this. There are even parents that are upset that their unvaccinated children are being sent home when there are outbreaks, like chicken pox, in their school.

So, what's your opinion? Vaccinate or not to vaccinate? Should unvaccinated kids be sent home? How worried are you about pandemic from a vaccine preventable disease? I do know that people my age, which is 30, who did receive both MMR vaccines, there's only an 80% chance we're still immune to all three. So, I find all of this to be disturbing, especially since immigrants coming here aren't required to have the childhood vaccines we have.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Re-emerging Diseases
« on: April 05, 2015, 08:41:29 PM »