!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Is Self Defense the 'Christian' Thing to Do  (Read 1540 times)

Offline jonbouy00

Is Self Defense the 'Christian' Thing to Do
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:32:39 AM »
via GSL
I have read and like this article so I thought I would share.

by Jordan Whitaker (Bio)

(Guns Save Life) - For some people the question of self-defense, especially with deadly force, raises troubling moral and religious issues.  As a Southern Baptist pastor and former US Army infantryman, I have fielded many such concerns from church goers as well as members of the general public who are concerned about the ethical ramifications of taking another person’s life, regardless of the circumstances.  While many authors who are more qualified to do so than I have touched on the legal concerns that one should consider before making the decision to defend life, liberty and in very rare circumstances, property with whatever force is necessary to repel an attacker, I may be more qualified to speak on the ethical concerns that will undoubtedly arise if action against an aggressor is ever unavoidable.

The rest of the article: http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=3709&cpage=1#comment-797
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Is Self Defense the 'Christian' Thing to Do
« on: December 02, 2012, 06:32:39 AM »