!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: This weekend plans  (Read 3975 times)

Offline jonbouy00

This weekend plans
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
The Dewitt County Sportsmen's Club (DCSC) is having a clean-up day for outside work this Saturday. I will be helping with that and hopefully shooting on Sunday! Saturday's weather looks to be good, Sunday is iffy at this point.
Jon
The phrase,"common sense" no longer means, common sense.

GunLink Discussion Forums

This weekend plans
« on: June 22, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »

Offline jonbouy00

Re: This weekend plans
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 07:18:22 PM »
Had a very nice workday at Dewitt County Sportsmen's Club. We got a bunch of things accomplished and enjoyed the excellent company as well. Being active in a club is very rewarding aside from having a nice place to shoot.
Jon

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
Glad you had a good time and accomplished something nice that will benefit you and your fellow shooters.  We've been to plenty of ranges that have been torn up enough that it really spoils your time there.

Did you (or will you today) get a chance to do some shooting?

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
I did not, DARN IT! That was my plans. Maybe sometime this week.

Can't figure out how to post an image or I would, but lots was accomplished and I think all had a good time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 06:40:54 PM by jonbouy00 »
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 09:39:15 PM »
Busy this weekend with NRA Kids Safety Camp. Long day today, 1/2 day tomorrow. Something like 4000+ rounds down range today by very happy kids. By the way all were very good shots and well behaved.
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
Going out to the range tomorrow. Going to replace a light ballast and try out my new patio umbrella that fits into the shooting bench. If I am lucky, I will get rained out, but I won't hold my breath. Hope you are shooting this weekend too!
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 08:22:34 AM »
Got the ballast replaced and light back on. Did not rain so I got a chance to use the brand new berm. Very nice! Did not get rained out, but in the early this morning got a very little rain.
Jon

Offline jonbouy00

Re: This weekend plans Oct 27
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
Yesterday, Sat Oct 27 I helped a local sportsmans club put on a zombie shoot. It was their first so there were many things that will be changed for next year as we learn, but everyone, volunteers and attendees alike, had a good time. It was one of the chilliest mornings so far this year and the fingers were suffering doing the final setup in the morning, but it was still fun.
Next year I think it will be much better with things we learned this year and word of mouth advertising etc. I stepped out of my role as RSO a couple of times and wandered around the compound listening and did a little asking and it seemed all had a good time even as simple as we made it.
It was a real treat to see well experienced and novice shooters having a fun time at the range with a family activity. The 5+ hours of continous shooting were literally music to my ears.
I must compliment the participants, some of which were very new to the shooting sport. There were NO grevious mistakes on the pistol range. Everyone practiced safe gun handling rules. I heard there was one incident (uh by an instructor) on the rifle range, but that ain't bad for many people all day.
We used simple made targets with manikin heads and lots of seasonal decorations. If anyone has good ideas on zombie type targets they have used and want to share for next year (our budget is small) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Just wanted to talk about a successful grassroots event instead of the pending election. ;-)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 08:20:39 AM by jonbouy00 »
Jon