!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Police Response to Open Carry  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

Police Response to Open Carry
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
In my opinion this officer did it correctly.  He took control of the situation, maintained control of the situation (AND himself) and left.

There is a lot of police bashing going on, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

http://www.policeone.com/Officer-Safety/articles/4105481-Video-Great-police-response-to-Calif-open-carry-activist/

GunLink Discussion Forums

Police Response to Open Carry
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »

Offline masfonos

Re: Police Response to Open Carry
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
I saw that video the other day while surfing around.  Ideally, there would be no MWAG calls and people in possession of firearms who do not seem to be breaking any laws would now even initiate a police encounter.

Until then, these types of situations will arise and hopefully they can be handled the way this one was.  Unlike the Canton situation.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:28:04 PM »
Nicely done, Officer Lyons  :)

Offline tassels

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:48:10 PM »
I wander if oceanside PD requires officers to respond to all calls or if someone there decided that they should respond to the "guy with a gun who is not commiting a crime" call.  I think the cop did alright.  I don't think "Jeremy" got what he was looking for with his video though.  He probably got about as good as we could hope for, but probably not what someone who walks around open carrying with a video camera at the ready to make a point was looking for.