!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Backstreet Pub Owner: No CCW "I don't want your business, Douchebag"  (Read 3117 times)

Offline masfonos

Sign at Backstreet Pub in Clemson, SC:

No Concealed Weapons Allowed
IF YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER THAT YOU FEEL A NEED TO CARRY A GUN WITH YOU WHEN YOU GO OUT, I DO NOT WANT YOUR BUSINESS, DOUCHEBAG.

Once this started making the rounds their FB page started getting hit pretty hard but they are still on twitter.  They also have places to review them on yelp and trip advisor.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
Re: Backstreet Pub Owner: No CCW "I don't want your business, Douchebag"
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 11:18:48 AM »
Stay classy, Clemson.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Backstreet Pub Owner: No CCW "I don't want your business, Douchebag"
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:18:37 PM »
Ummm...two questions, if the weapon is properly concealed, how would he know?  and two, is that even a legal posting?

Offline masfonos

Ummm...two questions, if the weapon is properly concealed, how would he know?  and two, is that even a legal posting?

Not sure about SC law on carry in bars or restauratns that serve alcohol or whether his sign meets the requirements, but the fact remains that the owner is a douche nozzle and I wouldn't take a leak on him if he was on fire, let alone spend my money in his establishment.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/southcarolina.pdf

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
 “YES”
Section 23-31-235. Sign Requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of 
www.handgunlaw.us 6
signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign
expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language. (B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is
prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:
(1) clearly visible from outside the building;
(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;
(3) contain the words "NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED" in black one-inch tall
uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;
(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal
line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty-five degree angle from the horizontal;
(5) a diameter of a circle; and
(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building's
entrance door.

Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol

YES (Unless Posted) 16-23-465

(B)(1) This section does not apply to a person carrying a concealable weapon pursuant to and in compliance
with Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23; however, the person shall not consume alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine
while carrying the concealable weapon on the business’ premises. A person who violates this item may be
charged with a violation of subsection (A).

http://www.usacarry.com/south_carolina_concealed_carry_permit_information.html
Alcohol and Drugs:
Any person convicted of carrying a pistol or firearm onto the premises of a business which sells alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises shall be subject to an additional penalty of up to 3 years imprisonment and/or $2,000 fine.