!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: 2016 pres race Anyone going to be pro gun?  (Read 24454 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: 2016 pres race Anyone going to be pro gun?
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »
I think the latest batch of NRA commercials "i am the NRA and I'm freedom's safest place" are nailing it. I really hope people are listening to the messages in those commercials. They are powerful and true. I do wish they would indicate who some of the people are because I don't recognize everyone.

GunLink Discussion Forums

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2016, 08:52:48 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 10:33:41 PM »
Found this article about VP Candidate kaine http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/07/22/tim-kaine-ban-15-round-clips-hold-gun-dealers-liable-misuse-firearms/

He not only wants to ban assault weapons, 15 round "clips", but believes gun dealers should be held liable for misuse of firearms. He has even proposed legislation stating as much.

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
People are worried about what Trump will do on guns if hes elected but we KNOW what Clinton will do. People are mad at the current situation and want it to change and Trump will win because of it if people get out and vote and not stay home.  I think the only way he can lose is if the Dems cheat by rigging the vote count, bribe people to vote, or a 3rd party nobody takes away his votes.
He ain't heavy...

Offline masfonos

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2016, 01:27:02 PM »
I was just talking to my mother this AM about 3rd party spoiler candidates.  I think it would be great to escape the 2-party system and get someone who actually represents the American people and adheres to the Constitution, but all the third party candidates usually do is act as a spoiler and take votes away from a candidate who has a chance. 

If there were a reasonable candidate on both sides (instead of a mediocre one vs an end-of-the-world-horrible one), then it might be worth a stab to try to get a 3rd party candidate in.  Or if there was going to be a clear winner regardless and a few 3rd party votes won't change the outcome but would send a message.

As it is, the main 3rd party candidate calls himself a "libertarian" but his VP pick is vehemently opposed to guns even though he is totally ignorant of them, wants to ban "assault weapons", and says that pistols are "even worse than AR-15s". 

Libertarian VP pick slams guns: Handguns “even worse than” AR-15s

Here's his interview where he shows off how ignorant he is

The five-shot rifle, that’s a standard military rifle; the problem is if you attach a clip to it so it can fire more shells and if you remove the pin so that it becomes an automatic weapon, and those are independent criminal offenses,” Weld said. “That is when they become, essentially, a weapon of mass destruction. The problem with handguns probably is even worse than the problem of the AR15.

:o :o :o If he doesn't know what he's talking about, he should keep his yap shut.

Yeah, real Libertarian minded.  F him.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
5 round rifles are standard issue military? Guess you learn something new everyday.

I watched a FoxNews interview with johnson earlier this year, dont remember who did the interview, but Johnson said there is no illegal immigration problem. Thats when i stopped taking him seriously.

Offline heavy

• marketplace
  • Leon Heavy
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 09:20:54 AM »
Did anyone watch the Trump and Hillary commander in chief forum?

Did anyone see Gary Johnson fumble on "what is allepo?"  haha
He ain't heavy...

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 05:33:47 PM »
I did not see the interview, but my local radio station played audio from the interview. I dont have context for what led to the question, but I dont think Johnson realized the interviewer was saying Allepo, but rather a lepo. I have done similar things, doesnt change the fact that he should have known what was being discussed...or maybe only certain people get the questions ahead of time?

Brings to mind an Everybody loves Raymond episode where Ray misread stomach ache as one word.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 01:30:02 PM »
I did not see the interview, but my local radio station played audio from the interview. I dont have context for what led to the question, but I dont think Johnson realized the interviewer was saying Allepo, but rather a lepo. I have done similar things, doesnt change the fact that he should have known what was being discussed...or maybe only certain people get the questions ahead of time?

Brings to mind an Everybody loves Raymond episode where Ray misread stomach ache as one word.

Yeah... I can see how might take Allepo out of context during a discussion on foreign policy  ::)

:o 8)