!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Greetings from behind enemy lines!  (Read 5268 times)

Offline Militaristic

• GunLink Member
Greetings from behind enemy lines!
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »
New member here in NY, HVAC tech in, on, under and all around NYC area. youtube https://www.youtube.com/militaristics

GunLink Discussion Forums

Greetings from behind enemy lines!
« on: February 07, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Greetings from behind enemy lines!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »
Welcome to the forums at GunLink. Be sure to check out the blog and the Speak Up page.  So, what's the weirdest thing you've seen under NYC?

Offline Militaristic

• GunLink Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
I wouldent call them weird but there are a shit load of homeless living in the different tunnels and utility vaults ect. I have done a fair amount of work in the steam tunnels and vaults and some of the "citizens" you find down there are pretty "out there" for sure. the oddest thing would be the madagascar hissing cockaroachs that escaped froma lab building at the stonybrook university campus (long island) the steam tunnels streach under the whole campus and hospital so they just took over down there, they eat all the other bugs and travel from building to building. in fact they arent afraid of anything inc people. they have been breeding down there for 20 years or more.

Offline GunLink

• GLHMFIC
  • Global Moderator
    • GunLink
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
Welcome to GunLink.  Great looking rifle in your AR video in YouTube and good job going over the details of it.  If you want to share videos on the forums, you can use the YouTube button (below the Bold button in the editor) with the video's address in between the tags.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Offline masfonos

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 10:44:49 AM »
Do you carry any type of protection while you're out exploring?  I hear you have to be pretty well connected to get a carry permit.

Offline Militaristic

• GunLink Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
no I have my tools and thats about it. you cant enter a lot of the buildings i work in with ANY kind of weapon at all. atm i am in between jobs, but in the past i have worked in hospitals, universities, public schools, government offices, police and fire stations and all sorts of offices and labs. and i almost forgot a lot of jails. I'm in my late 40's and have been doing HVAC work for over 28 years now. I live on Long Island (think huricane Sandy flood zone) and yes you need to be well conected to get a carry permit, they wont even let me get what NY calls a sportsman permit for handguns, thats where they let you own one and carry it to and from a range or sporting/hunting event, but not carry it 24/7. its a joke here in NY being a gun guy. thats why i have to keep the Magpul MOE carbine fixed stocks on my newer AR's. when gov pataki left office on the way out he passed a bill that puts all the old clinton ban rules in effect here in NY. no flash hiders, bayonet lugs, folding stocks ect... I had a but load of preban hi cap mags that I had to send out of state when the SAFE act passed. if it wasnt for my mom not willing to leave the state I'de be outa here already! when my dad got sick he asked me to take care of mom for him, they were highschool sweethearts (met at 16) and i have no bro's or sisters so guess what? I'm stuck here for now... here is a pic of some of my other "kids" I have been building my own AR's for a few years now, been a gun guy since i got my 1st 10/22 at 18. like most things i get into i have to take stuff apart to see how it works and if i can make it better. i think the best way to learn about something is to take it apart, break it a few times and then make it better, if you can that is. you should see the pile of broken or cheap ass parts i have from all the "lessons" I have learned over the years.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:22:18 PM by Militaristic »

Offline Militaristic

• GunLink Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 12:29:50 PM »
I also own a few bolt guns, here is my best group to date from my trusty old 700PSS in .223 its a 26 year old model that has been very good to me over the years. I dont know if its still the case but when i got this one the PSS models came out of the custom shop at remington not the regular production line, its got the 5R riffling and the same "trued" action as a 40X. this was from the Calverton range, 100yds off the old wooden benches they have out there, firing 50gr federal HP's not any sort of match ammo, just american eagle red box. it grouped a little high because I had changed scopes and had zero'd it in at 50yds before heading out to calverton. its a 3rd group.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 12:32:21 PM by Militaristic »

Offline Militaristic

• GunLink Member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
here is 1 more pic you might find interisting, the benifits of a tuned gas system on an AR can be seen here, this is my lightweight 16" its under 7lbs fully dressed (light, optic, spare bats in grip) and has an adjustable gas block and tuned JP captive buffer. I cut down the gas charge till it failed to run, then lowered the buffer spring rate till it ran again, then cut the gas down again and kept reducing the gas and buffer spring weight till all unnessary gas and spring was removed from the system. the end result is a 60% reduction in gas port size and 25% reduction in spring weight while still using a heavy "auto" BCG. so you are wondering why do all that? this is why... thats a 30rd "mag dump" at 50 yds, i got yelled at but it was worth it! and yes i had to fire off the bench not free standing. the tuned gas system and battlecomp 1.0 remove any sight picture loss and muzzel rise/movement. so far 3 of my 4 AR's have tuned gas systems and can run the same way.

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 06:26:29 PM »
the hissing cock roaches are enormous and what most people think of when they think cockroach. Me personally, I'm scared to death of most anything that's an arthropod. If it's a creepy, crawly thing, I flip out. My boyfriend loves teasing me with june bugs. it's a source of great amusement to him.  I would never be able to wade through the cockroaches. I'd probably have a panic attack. I would be curious as to how the lab animals escaped in the first place. Someone messed up.

Me sure to check out the Speak Up Page (update coming soon) and the forum page for PopVox for all the legislation that is in process right now at the federal level.