!!

Hello, Guest!

You are viewing the GunLink forums as a guest.  CLICK HERE to register for the forums and unlock more features, hidden forums and the ability post in topics, vote in polls, see poll results and more.

Tandemkross

Author Topic: Can't Make Bail? There's An App For That  (Read 1484 times)

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Can't Make Bail? There's An App For That
« on: May 10, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/10/baltimore-gun-amnesty-and-free-ride/

Came across this opinion piece in the Washington Times today. Apparently, the city of Baltimore is considering a proposal that would utilize an application called GunBail. If you're arrested and cant make bail, you can contact GunBail and in exchange for an working (illegal, their words straight from the website) , unloaded firearm, and a $99 shipping and handling fee, your bail is covered. The company  pledge is "..to remove 10 million guns off our streets and reduce crimes committed with illegal guns by 30%."

Police and the prosecutors' are hesistant because, as the local resolution is currently written, the weapon being turned in cannot be investigated for previous, unrelated crimes as long as defendant reports for all court dates. However, local law enforcement agencies that use this system, will have varying disqualifying charges where this system cannot be used to cover bail.

GunLink Discussion Forums

Can't Make Bail? There's An App For That
« on: May 10, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

Offline LivingDeadGirl

• GunLink Member
Re: Can't Make Bail? There's An App For That
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
There's no information on the GunBail website about what they do with the weapons after received. It sounds good on the surface: getting guns out of the hands of criminals who probably shouldn't have them anyways. But, if that gun was stolen from law-abiding citizen John Doe and it gets turned in by a third party, does he get the gun back?

I'm not quite sure how I feel about this system, but I think I need to see the list of disqualifying charges.